G4X GTR plugin. Not able to connect. *SOLVED*

bsh

Hi, I tried to send to tech support, but got errors because too big pictures. Trying here:)
Brand new ecu and not able to connect. The 4.jpg picture is the first message I got when I tried to connect with ecu. Tried with firmware upgrade and not able to upgrade firmware. Find Link usb in devices. Tried with disconnecting Ecu connector and waiting a couple of minutes while rebooting laptop. Any idea? See screenshot:
Thanks

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

G4x GTR.jpg

G4x.jpg

Im not really sure what would cause what you are seeing here, but could you try powering up on the bench and do a firmware update.  To power up on the bench the easiest way is to clip +12V on to the stripped side of the TVS diode, and ground on other side.

May not be a bad idea to try a different laptop if you have a spare.  

NrnrPWO.png

• 5 months later...

Thanks!
Understood. The reason was trivial and simple. All because I decided to use the hold power to control the ECU relay, there was no +14 power to the ECU. At the same time, the blue indicator of the ECU operation glowed when the ignition was turned on, and it glowed because power was supplied to the aux 7 through the shift light.
At the first start of the ECU, the hold power relay control does not work, so the relay did not work.