G4x atomx

Paschalis

Hi all

I have a weird issue on a 4efte toyota engine with my newly installed atomx

I had just almost finished with sequential ignition setup and tuning the maps. Car is going great I even went on the dyno making almost 280 out of it, it s going great until I switch it off and leave it for let's say an hour. It gets let s say around 70 degrees water temp or even less, I start the engine and it goes completely lean mixture. It gets even more serious if I start it in the morning completely cold. All this is happening till I accelerate it once and gets warm or till I take it for a walk let's say, even if it's a small "walkaround" and doesn't fully warm up . Then it gets back to normal mixture with the warmup map still doing its job correctly but now the moxture is back to normal!

I tried bigger master number on the main fuel, large warm up map numbers, no results, no difference in fact! Any ideas anyone? I could share the pcl file just for a check, no rocket science there:)

Thanks

2 hours ago, neil brown said:

Can you see engine temp on the laptop 

Engine temp is just rising and it appears normal climbing until the middle, the 90

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

Have you looked into what your post start enrichment values are?

Do you have a Log of this and a copy of your basemap?

Thanks

Post start just takes place for a little after the crank, so it works correctly. I can send you a photo tomorrow of the base map or even the whole file

4 hours ago, Paschalis said:

Engine temp is just rising and it appears normal climbing until the middle, the 90

Post start just takes place for a little after the crank, so it works correctly. I can send you a photo tomorrow of the base map or even the whole file

Hello Paschalis sorry to be in your post ,but I want to ask you if you had any trigger errors issues as i have done a 4efte also and experience trigger error headaches specially in idle rpm range.link monsoon g4x ecu.

So to sum up

Here are my last fresh logfile and my tuning file. Today i the morning I ve corrected my warmup map to "huge" numbers so as to make it a little better if any. There are 2 errors that I can't locate maybe these are the resons of my problem (attached in the photos, error 8 and error 9)

If during the warm up or after this I ll make a "walkaround" everything becomes normal and the car works perfectly again with no correction needed.

Thank you all

20200428_193408.jpg

20200428_193411.jpg

Not likely to be anything to do with those two errors, they are more a diagnostics thing than an actual error hence why they have been hidden in the new release.

I've just noticed your log actually shows it running rich (not lean, was thinking of the numbers the wrong way round) from startup until warmup and then goes lean once it gets to 80deg C.

Do you have a log with the some acceleration in it showing it being lean and then back to regular fueling after the acceleration?

Probably just need a log of the exact problem so I can see what the different fuel values are doing, this means I need to see it being lean and then dropping back to good fueling after some acceleration.

What I'm looking for is what different values are contributing to the amount of fuel going into the engine and trying to find which one is causing this change between lean and running right.

Thanks

13 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Probably just need a log of the exact problem so I can see what the different fuel values are doing, this means I need to see it being lean and then dropping back to good fueling after some acceleration.

What I'm looking for is what different values are contributing to the amount of fuel going into the engine and trying to find which one is causing this change between lean and running right.

Thanks

Done, accelerated 3-4 times and problem solved, it came back to normal mixture after being lean before the acceleration

Log 2020-04-29 12;02;11 pm.llgx

The ECU is commanding exactly the same injector pulse width immediately before the blip as it is afterwards, yet your lambda changes by more than 10%.  So assuming your lambda probe can be trusted, then either there is a variation in fuel from something external to the ecu (such as fuel pressure or a leaking injector) or there is something  that is causing a variation in the amount of oxygen reaching the lambda probe - this could be many things from an exhaust leak or valve lash too tight or hydraulic lifter not bleeding down etc.

aN14D6t.png

59 minutes ago, Adamw said:

The ECU is commanding exactly the same injector pulse width immediately before the blip as it is afterwards, yet your lambda changes by more than 10%.  So assuming your lambda probe can be trusted, then either there is a variation in fuel from something external to the ecu (such as fuel pressure or a leaking injector) or there is something  that is causing a variation in the amount of oxygen reaching the lambda probe - this could be many things from an exhaust leak or valve lash too tight or hydraulic lifter not bleeding down etc.

aN14D6t.png

So if I disable closed lambda then we exclude the lambda  from the equation so as to check the rest, right?

20 hours ago, Paschalis said:

So if I disable closed lambda then we exclude the lambda  from the equation so as to check the rest, right?

No, closed loop lambda wasnt even working in that log.  What Im saying is the ecu was comanding exactly the same amount of fuel before and after the blip, yet the measured mixture changed.  So that suggests there is some external influence.

20 minutes ago, Adamw said:

No, closed loop lambda wasnt even working in that log.  What Im saying is the ecu was comanding exactly the same amount of fuel before and after the blip, yet the measured mixture changed.  So that suggests there is some external influence.

I ll let you know my findings...thanks a lot for your help!!