Fan Module.

orlando bello

Hello guys I have a MIT evo8 fan module .I want to know If I can use it to control my magnafuel 750 external fuel pump.i have it on a relay but those pump over heat very fast  and .my idea  is to let the fan module activate the fuel pump on a lower speed  and under condition good on high speed. Link g4+ extreme ecu.

I dont know the current capability of the mitsi fan unit so you might be pushing it with that large pump.  I know they have pretty fat wires on them originally and they are connected to a 40A fuse so I assume it is reasonable but still a bit of an unknown with no specs quoted.  From memory they "work backwards" (100%DC PWM in ECU = 0% fan speed), but that is not really a drama.  They give a high frequency output (~20KHz) from a low frequency input (~100Hz) so that is a bonus.  

Some pinout info here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1906766-variable-speed-pwm-fan-control-under-25-less-diy.html

You can also look into using a Jaguar XF fuel pump controller. I think stock it's protected with a 30A fuse. Someone tore one apart and all the components are pretty beefy inside.

Connector kits are available (If you can't find them I have a bunch) and they take a NPN PWM signal that's typical of standalone ECUs and the Link.

One "issue" with the fan controllers on fuel pumps is the failsafe they have that if they lose the PWM signal they'll run 100%. You have to ensure that any time the module has power the ECU will be giving it the off PWM level.

9 hours ago, Adamw said:

I dont know the current capability of the mitsi fan unit so you might be pushing it with that large pump.  I know they have pretty fat wires on them originally and they are connected to a 40A fuse so I assume it is reasonable but still a bit of an unknown with no specs quoted.  From memory they "work backwards" (100%DC PWM in ECU = 0% fan speed), but that is not really a drama.  They give a high frequency output (~20KHz) from a low frequency input (~100Hz) so that is a bonus.  

Some pinout info here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1906766-variable-speed-pwm-fan-control-under-25-less-diy.html

Adam witch pwm function in link ecu I need to use to work for this MIT module or how do I set it up in link ecu .thanks.