G4X & Mazda GTX 1995

Mazda GTX

Greetings,

I got the same engine, same distributor (dizzy) and same trigger discs. Stock OEM wiring harness.

Here is my configuration for reference.

Mazda 323 GTX Base Map attached (For G4+ PNP).

G4+ PNP Mazda 323 GTX BP 1.8 engine.

It should work right of way if you don't have problems with your wiring or CAS.

Regards.

ignition_config_one.PNG

ignition_config_trigger.PNG

gtx_engine.jpg

Mazda 323 GTX G4+ Xtreme Plugin Base Map.pclr

5 hours ago, Scamby said:

Greetings,

I got the same engine, same distributor (dizzy) and same trigger discs. Stock OEM wiring harness.

Here is my configuration for reference.

Mazda 323 GTX Base Map attached (For G4+ PNP).

G4+ PNP Mazda 323 GTX BP 1.8 engine.

It should work right of way if you don't have problems with your wiring or CAS.

Regards.

Its running now if you read above.  His trigger was not the same as a MX5 as most GTX's are.  Im not sure if it has had a tooth cut off for some reason or if it was a factory change.

Greetings Adam,

From my experience working with those cars, some cars comes with that CAS (four legs and one for home) with a hall effect sensor and some comes with the 4G63 disc (four slots and two for home) with a optical sensor.

I wondering how my CAS looks like as you know I have an issue with the dwell that you are advising me already.

Regards. 

1 hour ago, Mazda GTX said:

Is it possible to wire in traction control, parallel to functional ABS, with some diode bridge, or I need to choose one of them ?

I would say with a car that age you should be fine.  Measure with a multimeter to check if either of the abs sensor wires are grounded by the abs unit, if one is then splice into the other one and connect it to a DI.  Leave the pull-up turned off.  If neither wires are grounded by the ABS then you may have to try both wires one at a time to see if one gives a suitable signal. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does GTX have Hall Effect or Reluctor sensor on ABS ?

None of two wires are grounded, I try splice both wires, none is giving signal when tires rotate. (with or without ABS connected)

If I ground one and try signal on other one - still no signal, with or without pull-up on. Same if reverse wiring. (with or without ABS connected)

- I use DI 5 as input.