G4+ relay switching constantly when ignition powered off

RKGarage

Hey guys

Have wired a standalone Link G4+ into my car with Ecu Hold Power, that all works correct.

Issue I am having is when the ecu hold power shuts off all the relays connected to the ecu in some way all constantly switch on and off (sounds like a machine gun).

I have wired it exactly as the schematics show and also have no 12v direct feeds, all are fed from a relay that gets power to the coil pin 86 or 85 from the Main Ecu relay from pin 87.

Ecu hold power on inj 7, that runs to pin 85 providing a ground, pin 86 has constant 12v, pin 30 has constant 12v

Pin 87 then feeds the power to the rest of the pin 86's on the relays and also feeds the +14v in cable with the diode in place as it should be.

Any tips or tricks to look at?

Cheers

If it is an ECU that has P&H injector drives (Fury, Xtreme or Thunder), then the ECU hold power will need to be an ign drive rather than injector drive, the P&H inj drives will back feed if connected to a permanently live source.

Its definitely wired to inj 7 as the fury only has 6 ign drives and the car is a 6cyl so all are used. The wiring diagram said to use a injection channel aswell

Have changed the rest of the relays to also have the coil grounded through a relay controlled by ignition so that has stopped all those clicking there heads off.

Just have the main relay still clicking and 12v still on pin 87 

Cheers

Update, depinned everything except power, ground, ecu hold power and DI igniton switch.

Still happened. Found the injector relay I put in was clicking aswell

Disconnected pin 87, still happened, disconnected pin 30 still happened

The disconnected 85 and 86 and finally it stopped, ecu turning off as it should after the 10sec. Will repon everything tomoz and hope it all works as should, and then replace relay or check my wiring for injectors whichever is the issue.

Ahhh sorry I understand what you mean now, have wired it to a aux 10 and all is working good now.

Yes have a 4wire iac stepper motor, next issue Im having is finding out how to turn injection and ignition on so I can start the car and set base timing and angle offset. Have browsed forums and no one seems to mention it. Mine are all assigned correctly yet show them off even while cranking

15900338432686288610778661571515.jpg

Those runtimes will always show off when the outputs are used for ign and inj.  Only when they are used as on/off type aux outputs (such as a fuel pump) then those runtime display the status.   

So I would expect you already should have fuel and ign working.  Quickest check to confirm is open the runtimes screem (F12), go to triggers/limits tab, when cranking make sure there is valid RPM at the top left and no fuel or ign cut in the bottom middle.  The move to the fuel tabe and check there is inj Effective PW showing (top right).

Hmm, ok I dont see much wrong in the triggerscope, it didnt capture a full 2 revolutions but what is there looks fine.  

One possible cause of the ign cut is the GP RPM limit 1, it has been turned on and has an RPM limit of zero set.  It shouldnt activate until 20s after cranking though but I sugest you turn it off for now.

If it is still cutting with that limiter turned off, can you do us a short PC log of it cranking.