evo4-8+ eco into 92 3000gt

Submitz

So id like to install this evo ecu into my 92 3000gt vr4. I have looked at brands hatch Performance in uk and on the listing it stats its a plug & play with no wiring alterations need. Is this true? I'm sceptical because we are going from a 4 cylinder to v6. would these pins be resignable in the g4+ software.

thanks 

The last time I looked at it for someone Im pretty sure that most of the early GTO's use an ecu similar to the Evo1-3.  But as you have pointed out there are some small differences such as the #3 coil and fuel pump or A/C from memory.  So if they are selling an ecu for an early GTO, it is possibly a modified Evo3 ecu, not something that is supplied by Link.

kinda weird comes in a link box and everything but I digress. I have this link g4+ 4-8 evo + ecu sitting around and was wondering is it possible to change those few wires to make it work.

92 3000gt vr4 

pin 3 cylinder 5

pin 16 is cylinder 6 

pin 11 is coil C

on the evo pinout it says pin 16 isn't used and pin 3 is used for the fuel pressure sol. Is it possible to assign those pins on the ecu? or are they pretty much set in stone because its a plug N play. 

wow this is awesome thanks- my car has the exact same pinouts. I'm see if I can get the EXP harness and try it. Also you by any chance got like a base map I could crank it on the test?

Getting excited lol cars been in my garage for 8 years lol

ok so I got the ecu in and wiring all work. pump primes I was spinning the cam sensor and I see spark and can feel the injectors firing. still won't start. you can hear it trying, you can hear the air comeback threw throttle body as I stop cranking. Do you think the timing is far off? 

If you are getting a back fire then you should definately check timing is in the ballpark with a timing light.  You can also get backfires if too lean, so if timing looks ok then you may just need to crank up the master fuel.

Bro your a legend started right up. Found out I drained the tank like years ago lol. Added gas and she started. 

Any idea why it won't let me adjust the timing? I type my new number in to offset and push ok. Just goes back to the 5° that was there before. There's a little lock on it. 

28 minutes ago, Submitz said:

Any idea why it won't let me adjust the timing? I type my new number in to offset and push ok. Just goes back to the 5° that was there before. There's a little lock on it. 

You need to hit the enter key after you manually type in the new offset, you should see the text turn blue if you have done it right.

Theres alot more different on the evo 8 pinout then the evo 1-3 im finding. So car runs and idles good now. Base timing set. Not able to locate the pin on the 3000gt for rad fans. 

I see wvo 8 has pin 21 as rad fan speed. But I'm blind or? 3000gt vr4 trigger the fans a different way?

There are quite a few varations of pinouts for these cars, on the JDM GTO's we get here in NZ the fans are on pin 20 & 21.  I believe in some models the fans are controlled by just a switch in the radiator, not ecu controlled.

• 1 year later...