VVT Cam tooth offset table visible, but PID is set to default

Rozsko

This doesn't bother me much, but thought mention.

As per the help file, the tooth offset tables should not be visible if the the PID setting is default. Yet as you can see on the attached, they are.

This is based on the V10 WRX base map.

Oh and one thing that I think should be corrected in this base map is the number of teeth, as they were set to two, while the these cams physically have 3 slots.

Jegyzet 2020-05-21 201620.jpg

Number of teeth and tooth offset values are set when you calibrate the vvt and due to G4X being set up a little different to G4+ we don't have close approximations of the factory CAM positions for all motors yet.

The way things are displayed was changed around several times so I will update the help to match how it is now.

If you've got some factory cam angles you want to share I can update the basemap, of course we would always recommend calibrating them to suit the particular engine regardless.

Thanks

7 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Number of teeth and tooth offset values are set when you calibrate the vvt and due to G4X being set up a little different to G4+ we don't have close approximations of the factory CAM positions for all motors yet.

The way things are displayed was changed around several times so I will update the help to match how it is now.

If you've got some factory cam angles you want to share I can update the basemap, of course we would always recommend calibrating them to suit the particular engine regardless.

Thanks

Once I'll have the ECU (which I'm going to order hopefully today) and I do the calibration, I will come back with the offset values.

3 hours ago, TechDave said:

Bank 1: 155, 335, 515, 695
Bank 2: 160, 340, 520, 700

Thanks, but as I mentioned, the 06-07 model (cant speak for the rest) has 3 slots on the cams. So why for numbers? Maybe I don't understand something.

On 5/22/2020 at 2:51 PM, Rozsko said:

Thanks, but as I mentioned, the 06-07 model (cant speak for the rest) has 3 slots on the cams. So why for numbers? Maybe I don't understand something.

That's what an EJ25 with AVCS spat out a few weeks ago when I was working with a customer.

• 3 weeks later...