using brake switch as clutch switch problems

Harry buscema

hi there, 

ive currently got a evo 4 running an evolink and im trying to wireup a brake switch as a clutch switch, ive wired one side into  DI 5 and the other to ground, but with the software i canrt get any reading from the switch when its clicked in or out.

my settings within pclink:

function GP input

input off

pullup off

on level high

active edge rising

Thanks

Do you have the other half of it connected to 12v? 

I've done the same where I removed the factory stopper switch and put another brake switch in. 
But the problem was that I really needed the switch to activate on/off closer to the engagement/bite point of the clutch, rather than right at the end of travel. So it didnt work so great for launch control etc.
So I'm going to redo it with an adjustable mount somehow.

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

No, the wiring is fine as it is, just turn the pull-up on

Hi there, sorry I forgot the mention I tryed ever combination with the setup I had, but there was no voltage running through the wire out the ecu and nothing coming from the switch, which now makes sense from Davidv's post. Thanks

Would still like to know if the digital inputs will take 12v, thanks

Yes they will take 12V.  But you dont need 12V.  If you turn the pull-up on, the DI will already be connected to 12V internally, so it sees 12V when the switch is open, then your switch closes it grounds it.  So you have two states, 12V & 0V, on and off.  If you see no change in status when you have the pull up turned on then either your switch is not working or you have a wiring problem.  

11 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Yes they will take 12V.  But you dont need 12V.  If you turn the pull-up on, the DI will already be connected to 12V internally, so it sees 12V when the switch is open, then your switch closes it grounds it.  So you have two states, 12V & 0V, on and off.  If you see no change in status when you have the pull up turned on then either your switch is not working or you have a wiring problem.  

thanks for clearing that up for me, ill give that a go next and come back to you if i get stuck again hahah, thanks again