Digital Input 8 Not Responding

ilwilton

Good afternoon lads, 

On Wednesday I had a tune done and he set up dual wastegate duty tables and said I need to wire a switch to DI 8 to trigger the second map. 

I have confirmed the switch conditions are set properly in the software, have purchased an xs loom to go in the top expansion port on the ecu board, one end of the switch has DI 8 wire and the other has a 12v source. 

I cannot for the life of me get this wire to trigger map 2 or show as being functional in runtime values. 

Have taken the ecu out to confirm the xs loom is correctly plugged in, which is a solid connection. 

Have also tried changing the 12v source to ground and have no good result either. 

Where to from here? 

2 minutes ago, Adamw said:

It looks set up ok to me and DI8 is fine on the evo3 ecu.  What happens when you turn the pull-up on, do you see the DI8 status change right away?

As soon as the pull up status is changed to on, the second wastegate table becomes active with no switch response.

So turning on the pull-up connects 12V to the DI8 pin, so that proves the DI is working.  If the pull-up makes the DI work, yet flicking your switch doesnt, then that means there is no 12V coming from the switch.

4 minutes ago, Adamw said:

So turning on the pull-up connects 12V to the DI8 pin, so that proves the DI is working.  If the pull-up makes the DI work, yet flicking your switch doesnt, then that means there is no 12V coming from the switch.

The pull up on change makes DI 8 active regardless if the switch is connected to the wiring or not at this stage.

With either combination of pull up on or off, connecting DI 8 wire to 12v or ground directly, bypassing the switch has no change to the status in runtime values.

I have confirmed the 12v source is working and consistent with a multimeter.

Ok, just had a closer look, I think there may be a labeling issue with the expansion connector.  Check out the schematic below compared to the manual, DI8 & 9 are swapped.  Can you try setting DI9 to GP input and see if that then switches on/off.

If that is the problem then you will need to change the DI8 activation in the boost settings too.

zxazpEA.png

0NjvQnP.png

Please confirm and if it is wrong I will let engineering know so it gets fixed.

You are

46 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Ok, just had a closer look, I think there may be a labeling issue with the expansion connector.  Check out the schematic below compared to the manual, DI8 & 9 are swapped.  Can you try setting DI9 to GP input and see if that then switches on/off.

If that is the problem then you will need to change the DI8 activation in the boost settings too.

zxazpEA.png

0NjvQnP.png

Please confirm and if it is wrong I will let engineering know so it gets fixed.

You are an absolute legend. 

Switching to DI 9 has it functioning as it should. 

Thank you very much for ending my headache!