DI 7 and DI 8 WRXLink9+ setup problems

Manfred

Hi,

I wired two switches to enable antilag and traction control to my expansion 1 connector (no E-throttle). Pin 2 of the switches has +12V and pin 3 is going to the digital input.

Neither the status of both inputs will show active if the switches are enabled, nor the status LEDs of the switches between pin 3 and pin 7 will  go out if the switches are disabled.

If I disconnct the switches and the ignition is turned on, there are +12V provided from the ECU through the digital inputs.

What am I doing wrong? :D

Thank you in advance,

Manfred

G66.pdf 1_SubaruWRXSTIV8JF1GDBLH33G045680withlambdadata_switches.pclr

Hi Adam, thank you for your response. 

I just had a look at the ECU board and I don't really get how the expansion connectors will work in different ways regarding with or without E-throttle. On my board the connectors are assigned like it's in the manual with E-throttle, but my car is drive by cable. My expansion loom was connected to the right expansion connector in this view. 

Thanks. 

Manfred

IMG_20200527_131830.jpg

The “e-throttle “ refers to whether the ecu is capable of controlling an ethrottle system or not.  Older ecu’s (more than about 3years old) didn’t have the aux 9and 10 outputs on the expansion connector which are required to drive e-throttle.  All V7-9 cars are cable throttle from the factory as far as I know.  

OK, so the assignment on the board is the definitive pinout? That would explain why my aem trim pot worked using the right hand side connector, but DI7 and 8 not because they are aux outputs, right?