JZX100 G4X plug-in base map

JZX100

Hi buddies,

I bought a G4X plug-in for my JZX100, where can download the base map for JZX 1JZ vvti turbo engine? I had not any information for that car.

Thank you very much!

BR,

JZX lovers

Dear Adamw,

No base map for JZX100 was loaded inside the G4+ & G4X program. Only found the base map for Altezza, celica and supra etc.

Waiting for your good news. Many thx.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 5:09 AM, Vaughan said:

Dear Vaughan,

Can you give me the stream file for AEM X-series UEGO Gauge Receive to setup the CAN? My ECU is G4X JZX100 plugin! Many thanks!

Besides, when I set up the Air Conditioner at the G4X program, some problem occurs, the A/C control panel can not run with the ECU at the same time. Any advice?

Attached the AEM X series can stream.  

6 hours ago, JZX100 said:

Besides, when I set up the Air Conditioner at the G4X program, some problem occurs, the A/C control panel can not run with the ECU at the same time. Any advice?

Can you give more detail?  Do you see DI6 runtime become active when you switch on the AC switch?

AEM X-Series UEGO Gauge Receive.lcs

Yes In runtime valve nothing happen on all DI when press AC DI6 should show active or inactive but nothing happened. Not even all other DI thus I’m wonder if it would be possible the signal is on the other Pin 20’ not 19.....

Have you messed around with anything on CAN 2 in your changes?  Is the Coolant temp gauge on the dash working correctly?

I dont have much info on the circuits in this car so will have to ask some of the guys that done some of the reverse engineering.  If you put a multimeter on Pin 87 (20) do you see any voltage change when you switch on AC?  How about pin 88 (19)?

You will need need to plug your wideband into the CAN 2 socket, the CAN 1 socket is not connected on the first revision board (an oversight).  Change the setup in the mode tab to match.

And the "Find devices" tool you dont need to use, it is only used for re-programing Link CAN Lambdas.  Just make sure in the ecu settings>analog inputs menu you set Lambda 1 Lambda sensor control to "Link CAN". 

Another issue about ITA same Bosch ITA 0280130017 is no more working in X
same setting is fine in G4+

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

You will need need to plug your wideband into the CAN 2 socket, the CAN 1 socket is not connected on the first revision board (an oversight).  Change the setup in the mode tab to match.

And the "Find devices" tool you dont need to use, it is only used for re-programing Link CAN Lambdas.  Just make sure in the ecu settings>analog inputs menu you set Lambda 1 Lambda sensor control to "Link CAN". 

Successful connected! Thx

10 minutes ago, JZX100 said:

Another issue about ITA same Bosch ITA 0280130017 is no more working in X
same setting is fine in G4+

I just tested on the bench, I get the same temperature displayed in G4X as I do in G4+ using the built-in 0280130017 calibration.

Thank you adam.  Wideband fixed.  The AC is so weird.  It works fine b4 the plugin.  However,  when i meas the voltage on AC1(DI6)  no changes fm the AC ctrl unit.  Im not sure if thats the AC ctrl or something else..will swap anoterh ctrl and test again.  

Still lots of other trying to figure out.

1. Cluster REV not working ( PC link is fine)

2. Seems no response on the knock ctrl even i set gain up to 200 fm deflault at 10. Knock level show nothing jumping... either narrow or wideband nothing happen (at 6 to 10) 

6 hours ago, Purpleline said:

Seems no response on the knock ctrl even i set gain up to 200 fm deflault at 10. Knock level show nothing jumping... either narrow or wideband nothing happen (at 6 to 10) 

Make sure Disable Digital Input is set to off or is inactive, if that doesn't work check the knock status runtime

8 hours ago, Purpleline said:

1. Cluster REV not working ( PC link is fine)

As far as I know the tacho gets its signal from the ignitor in these cars.  Have you changed any of the ignition system?  I suspect AC maynot work until the control units sees RPM.

8 hours ago, Purpleline said:

Yes,  we have r35 coils conversion and have those ignitor wires cut.  That is very possible the problem.

You may be able to get the tacho working by wiring an aux output to the old tacho wire that went to the ignitor.

5 hours ago, Adamw said:

You may be able to get the tacho working by wiring an aux output to the old tacho wire that went to the ignitor.

That make better sense..coz i found hard to undrstand how that ignitor work for a tacho Out to cluster.  I guess we might need connect those igniton signals back as well..that would not be good.  

Use an AUX direct feed make it much easier

On 6/19/2020 at 3:50 PM, Adamw said:

I connected inj8 (orange wire) to the old tachometer wire and set it in the program (See all the photos attached) but still can not function in my panel and also no response in AC button! Any wrong in my work? Please help

1AE75314-EF94-4149-BB11-2B62EEACD78C.jpeg

2DE2C017-4198-4161-97B0-1696DD5FC7E4.jpeg

1B354F7C-2461-484C-A882-509706DA5BEC.jpeg

The factory tacho signal is probably taken from flyback on the coil negative. I have heard of this style of tacho working with the addition of a pullup to 12V(ign switched source) or the use of a coil like the one found in a relay to mimic the signal.

I used the attached thread's info to modify my mr2 tacho to suit a coil on plug conversion.

• 1 month later...

Tks guy.  Figured out the tacho and. It works great.  Confirmed we need

1. The 1K ohmn replace on the PCB

2. 500ohmn pullup to connect ign+ ign- this could be done by loop the resistor ends and fit dirextly on the cluster back pcb bolts.  No soldering

However,.still having problem about the AC,.still not working. The AC AC2 pins  ecu seems not directly control the aC clutch but fly back to climate ctrl unit and ctrl the AMGC(ac clutch).  In pc link test it use high will active the clutch manually but ac request never work even an addon DI...

An idea to try resolve this?? Wouldnt the climate ctrl having same tacho sign problem???  So AC or AC1 never work unless it see tacho rmp up?? 

I have workshop manual on that i can email