correct usage of launch control

Guest |851|

So far i've been using launch control just to set the rpms on the line, but i recon there is more to this feature than just start rpm control.

Can somebody explain the "correct" way to use the launch control? Do i set the RPMS according to the gear and speed so that the car only

allows certain amount of slip ? How can i acomplish this in such a way that the limiter does not eat all of the torque and lets the car

accelerate smoothly? (usually on limiter there is a clear drop in g:s)

Chances are one of our dealers will be better at setting this up than myself but.

If you are able to post your current PCL file it will be a great help.

And a bit of a run down on the car configuration.

Ill then see if I can advise from there.

sure i can post the file, i was more of asking the correct procedure on how to tune this, i don't think its quite feasible to tune the setup without actually sitting in the car :)

1) Is the correct usage what i described ?

2) how to achieve this the best way, what parameters to tweak?

the setup is following:

big holset hx50 turbo, 80/67mm

1600cc injectors

e85

3-plate tilton clutch

switch to activate the LC

it seams that the board does not allow the pcl extension to be uploaded as attachment. you might want to change that config in the phpbb-

sure i can post the file, i was more of asking the correct procedure on how to tune this, i don't think its quite feasible to tune the setup without actually sitting in the car :)

1) Is the correct usage what i described ?

2) how to achieve this the best way, what parameters to tweak?

the setup is following:

big holset hx50 turbo, 80/67mm

1600cc injectors

e85

3-plate tilton clutch

switch to activate the LC

it seams that the board does not allow the pcl extension to be uploaded as attachment. you might want to change that config in the phpbb-

I've got my launch control to work fine in neutral Holds it within a hundred or so rpms. I'n gear (auto trans) I've had some problems. And had to go into the advanced program.

I have the car apart today but hope to get it back together tomorrow. Then I'll take a look and tell you the settings I have.

I've got my launch control to work fine in neutral Holds it within a hundred or so rpms. I'n gear (auto trans) I've had some problems. And had to go into the advanced program.

I have the car apart today but hope to get it back together tomorrow. Then I'll take a look and tell you the settings I have.

Thanks that sounds good. I keep spinning the wheels to no end at gear no matter what, one of the problems certainly is that my speed signal comes from the gearbox. gotta change that to the front wheel.