First start issue

Cnote0ne

3 hours ago, Richard Hill said:

Have you tried 500kb? And are you sure your can high and can low wire s are round the right way? 

Tried 500kb and that clear all of the errors but still no device is found. Here is my wiring diagram for the connector.

connector1.jpg

4 hours ago, Cnote0ne said:

Here is my wiring diagram for the connector.

In all Link documentation White is CAN H and Green is CAN L, you have them written down opposite to that above.  Can you confirm CAN H & L are connected correctly at the ECU.

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

In all Link documentation White is CAN H and Green is CAN L, you have them written down opposite to that above.  Can you confirm CAN H & L are connected correctly at the ECU.

You are correct sir, the wires were reversed. I swapped them around and it find the device now but still no Lambda1is displayed. I get all green prior to starting the engine, once I start the car the errors return. Log file below. Thanks.

image.thumb.png.1f558c97e41d99b76cb201bf249da2f7.png

CAN1Log 2020-06-22 9;06;10 am.llg

1 hour ago, Richard Hill said:

Are you powering the CAN Lambda from a clean ignition switched +12Volt supply?  And are you grounding it through a solid power ground?

The power is from the ignition switch and it shows a solid 12.4 volt, ground is to the chassis. 

one way to check if it is a power problem or not, is to connect the CAN lambda power and ground up to a separate power supply, usually a charged independent car battery works.  See if there is any change.

Failing that, i'm a bit stumped, although I would suspect Adam might be able to help in more depth.  

What does Lambda 1 status and Lambda 1 Error show before the engine is started?  Include a full log pre start up too if possible.

Your CAN Lambda is stuck in the calibration phase.  Can you do is I suggested and power it from an independent source as a test.  Is your Lambda sensor the one supplied with the CAN Lambda?  Is it new?

Does it come out of calibration phase if you log for longer?

I dont think it is "stuck in calibration mode", I think it has lost comms.  The ECU is just displaying the last message it received.  You can see that lambda temp is not changing - if had had comms the exhaust heat would cause it to change. 

This could be a CAN bus issue such as termination etc or it could just be power lost.  I would suggest you start with Richards idea of connecting it direct to the battery with a couple of temporary wires to rule it out.    

4 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I dont think it is "stuck in calibration mode", I think it has lost comms.  The ECU is just displaying the last message it received.  You can see that lambda temp is not changing - if had had comms the exhaust heat would cause it to change. 

This could be a CAN bus issue such as termination etc or it could just be power lost.  I would suggest you start with Richards idea of connecting it direct to the battery with a couple of temporary wires to rule it out.    

Ah ok, so maybe a voltage drop out then. Would it not have recovered when the alternator cut in though?   

Just now, Richard Hill said:

Would it not have recovered when the alternator cut in though?   

Yes, if it was a temporary power loss it should recover.  I suspect it is not a temporary loss.  It could be a bus issue as I mentioned, but there is so little data moving it should not be a particularly error sensitive bus, so I think most likely a bad power connection.

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

Problem solved! some how it stop getting power. I switch the power supply and now I get AFR/Lambda. I also found ground wire was a little loose, not sure if that contributed to the list of issues.  I want to thank you guys for all the help.

Thanks Richard!