honda b18cr Basemap help

Officialfarry

Hey guys

I have a b18cr that is currently undergoing a high compression N/A build. 

I haven't got my motor back from the tuners yet, but i was just wondering if i use the basemap provided by link, would i need to change anything?

things to take under consideration: 

AEM EPS

K20a coil plugs

1000cc injectors

Ported intake manifold (no iacv)

Big cams 

my mechanic told me that on the first start, use the OEM dizzy, so i will use that but im just worried about the bigger injectors, cams and that the cars got no IACV.

I am aware that you can setup Idle control within the ecu without the valve. but im not sure how to do that and would that be a concern, since i will be starting a fresh motor for the first time to check for leaks before towing it 2hrs to the dyno. and the fact that the cars got bigger cams and injectors. what would setting would i need to adjust for that?

Im running a obd2 PnP ecu btw. 

I will have a oil pressure Gauge present on the first start and i also have the CAN Lambda sensor which will give me my lambda details.

thanks in advanced guys. sorry about the stupid questions, its just that this is my first ever big build and i dont want anything to go wrong on the first start :)  

If you are going to start with the dizzy and single coil then the only thing you will need to change is the master fuel value.  You can usually just adjust this by feel/sound initially.  If its too big (rich) it will sound lumpy, if the master is too small then it will likely fire initially then die out.  Master fuel will likely need to be around 8-12ms.  Since you have no idle valve then you just need to adjust the throttle stop so that it keeps running by itself.  Use your foot initially to keep it running until you know if it needs adjusting.

Put a big oil press and water temp gauge on your screen so you can keep an eye on those.

13 minutes ago, Officialfarry said:

this is how my fuel settings look like right now.

A master of 22 is probably for something like 300cc injectors.  Start with it about 10 and adjust from there.

14 minutes ago, Officialfarry said:

sorry to be a pain, but what is a throttle stop? 

The screw that adjusts where the throttle blade sits at idle.

FR7Euii.png

The master fuel number is a scaling factor for the injector pulsewidth.  A larger number will mean the injector is opened for longer.  

Note, the help file is useful for basic questions like this in PC Link.  In most cases if you click on a setting such as master fuel and press F1, the help file will explain that setting.

Here is the example of the explanation for master fuel:

h0N6i1Q.png

I just put 1000's into my B18CR and i found the stock Link base map and a Master fuel number of 14 or 15 was the sweet spot for me. On 15 with the standard cold start enrichment setting it would start up about 0.78 - 0.8 lambda and by the time its warm it would be right around the 0.97-1.00 lambda. Youll probaby find if you have big cams you will need a slightly richer mix on idle of say 0.95 lambda but yeah have a play. One mistake i did make on the first starts was playing with the master fuel number to get it close to Lambda 1.00 on idle not thinking about the fact i had a 20% cold start enrichment in play so by the time it was warm i was at 1.15 - 1.20 lambda which obviosly isnt desirable. 

Not sure if this helps at all my but this was my experience.  

2 hours ago, Kenian said:

I just put 1000's into my B18CR and i found the stock Link base map and a Master fuel number of 14 or 15 was the sweet spot for me. On 15 with the standard cold start enrichment setting it would start up about 0.78 - 0.8 lambda and by the time its warm it would be right around the 0.97-1.00 lambda. Youll probaby find if you have big cams you will need a slightly richer mix on idle of say 0.95 lambda but yeah have a play. One mistake i did make on the first starts was playing with the master fuel number to get it close to Lambda 1.00 on idle not thinking about the fact i had a 20% cold start enrichment in play so by the time it was warm i was at 1.15 - 1.20 lambda which obviosly isnt desirable. 

Not sure if this helps at all my but this was my experience.  

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

The master fuel number is a scaling factor for the injector pulsewidth.  A larger number will mean the injector is opened for longer.  

Note, the help file is useful for basic questions like this in PC Link.  In most cases if you click on a setting such as master fuel and press F1, the help file will explain that setting.

Here is the example of the explanation for master fuel:

h0N6i1Q.png

Thanks alot guys! That information surely helped!! 

I'll get back to you guys when my motors back from the engine builders, and in ready to do my first start!