Parameters for 3sgte Using Bosch 2-Wire Knock Sensor

jaypat01

Can anyone tell me what knock level gains they used for each cylinder of a 3sgte when using a Bosch 2-wire knock sensor? I have everything else set up, but I would feel more sure about myself if I could verify the values that I came up with. I am a beginner in the tuning aspect of things, but very competent on the electrical and programming side of things. When dialing in the knock level gains, I am not confident that I am adjusting for the noisiest rpm of the motor or if it is actual knock. So I don't want to set my gains to low that a knock event doesn't surpass the threshold. Just for reference this is a Gen 2 3sgte (I will take any information from any revision 3sgte) and the knock sensor is a Bosch Motorsports KS4-P.

Ill take a quick look at the level balance if you attach a log.  I dont have any 3SGTE experience to share but will say every engine is quite unique, I rarely find I can take settings from a car I have previously done and put them straight in the next even with the same engine.

@Adamw...Sorry this took longer than I expected, but here is a log from today. This is a base map that is surprisingly close up to 10psi and in light throttle, but I was wary of taking it to redline with the tune being the way it is. I did however take it up to 5k rpm and historically, this motor has been the noisiest around 4200-4500 rpm. You will see a noise spike right as I let off the throttle, but I am assuming this is normal or can be disregarded; because there is virtually no load. 

Log 2020-06-23 8;29;25 am.llg

I think you need to increase the main gain to get all knock levels up a bit higher.  Around double what you have now will probably be the ball park.  

The spike when you lift off is quite common, I dont know what causes it, I assume driveline backlash or possibly piston slap from the sudden change in cyl pressure or something.  You will often need to mess with the TP and RPM lockout to get it to ignore that.