Mr

Davmatt

Hi

I'm going to help a friend with his racecar and his driving. He has a Link G4 and is logging speed through a mechanical gearbox sensor. Is there a "reasonably" straight forward way that I can determine the start finish line to help with lap analysis? I thought maybe get him to go to full throttle for the first time as he crosses the line and I can use that as a marker. Any suggestions or help appreciated. Thanks

You could wire a button to a digital input and set it up as GP input, get him to push the button when he passes the start line on the first fast lap, that will leave something to reference in the log.  Provided you get laptimes from reasonably accurate laptimer system after the run, then you can then enter the laptimes in to the log file manager after downloading to have the log broken up into laps.

TayP4PW.png

Thanks Adam. Unfortunately he doesn't have anything other than the G4. I will probably have to use my stopwatch and maybe use an average or suitable laptime from that. He already has an unused button on the steering wheel, so will look at using that. Anything special to note when wiring it in. cheers

1 hour ago, Davmatt said:

Anything special to note when wiring it in

No, the digital inputs are fairly flexable.  Connect one side of the switch to ground or 12V (either will do), connect the other side to the DI.  

If the switch is connected to ground then turn the pull-up on in the DI settings, if it is connected to 12V turn the pull-up off.