low and high speed fans

Kassan1973

Hello i have some ford el fans with low and high speed and wanted to know the easiest way to set up low speed relay  to turn on at 70 deg and high speed relay  at 90 deg , will be switching a earth to fan relays, and then also switch high speed with AC compressor on , im using a G4 extreme which is currently just switching a aux output high speed only with no AC switching.

Cheers 

Set the aux that is connected to the low speed relay to "engine fan" and set your temp (70).

Set the 2nd aux that is connected to the high speed relay to "AirCon Fan", and set its temperature (90).  This output will turn on whenever the AC is on or if the temp goes above 90.

Aux 3 (low speed) & Aux 4 (Hi speed) used for this example:

K8YmwEZ.png

1 hour ago, Kassan1973 said:

cool and to confirm i just need a wire from the AC clutch to a aux input to trigger ECU for AC fan ?

Cheers 

Might have to clarify what you want to do here.  Do you want the ecu to control the AC clutch, or is that controlled by some other module in the car?

Hi Adam  i need ecu to turn on low speed and high speed fan as you have done for me , and additionally turn on high speed fan when the AC clutch engages , AC is controlled via normal dash heater control ( completely separate unit) i was going to run a 12 volt + or - switch wire from the AC unit to ecu to tell it when the AC is on  and then have it switch high speed fans on regardless of temperature.

OR

I can run a relay off the ac clutch wire and use this to earth high speed fan relay this isnt an issue was just trying to do it through the ECU if possible but again it pretty easy to do via a relay if needed .

Cheers  

You will need to connect an AC signal to a DI and set that as "AC Request".  You will also need to assign an output (Aux, fuel or Ign) to "AC Clutch" (this doesnt need to be wired to anything - just the ecu needs to think it is controlling the clutch for the AC fan function to work).