Problems with Ford IAC valve

Reemen

Hello :)

I have installed the Ford IAC adapter kit on my 2jz-GTE and are having some problems with it.
The main problem being that every time i press in the throttle, below approx 2200rpm, the IAC valve opens up and stays open. 
I cant find any settings in the ECU where there is a limit on 2200 where it should close.
When it reaches approx 2200rpm the valve closes, and as long as i stay above said RPM it acts like it should.

Anyone know the solution?

Altso on cold starts the car goes straigt to well above 2000rpm and stays there for quite a while, and i cant seem to get it lower.

Any help would be greatly appriciated

isc stuck.llg New 95 oktane.pclr

I dont see what you are talking about.  The ECU is sending a constant 29%DC in your log which is exactly the value that you have commanded in the base position table for 90°C.

Also be aware most of those Ford idle valves are vacuum assisted so it is important that they are mounted with the correct port to vacuum (early and late valves swapped direction), and the engine needs to make a reasonable level of vacuum for them to function properly.

36 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I dont see what you are talking about.  The ECU is sending a constant 29%DC in your log which is exactly the value that you have commanded in the base position table for 90°C.

Also be aware most of those Ford idle valves are vacuum assisted so it is important that they are mounted with the correct port to vacuum (early and late valves swapped direction), and the engine needs to make a reasonable level of vacuum for them to function properly.

The problem is that the valve is staying open, which is making the car act like im holding the throttle in while its closed. Hard for me to explain, but its acting kinda like a cruise control.
So you think that its not a setting thats causing it rather the vakuum not being correct?
Because i cant drive with it like this.

You can see in the log that i have 0% throttle position, but the RPM is rising until i push the clutch in, then the RPM's increase to around 2400 rpms. Thats when the valve closes, and rpms start falling again.

It is not the ECU causing it.  

Either:

1. The valve is the wrong way around - as I mentioned there are many variations of the ford valve, some have the inlet/outlet port swapped end for end.
  2. There is inadequate vacuum in the manifold.  Some of the ford valves have an assist diaphragm inside and need vacuum to close.
  3. The valve is faulty.