Trigger setting for Ford Duratec 2.0

VtrSp1

I'm definitely not sure this is correct, but it looks to be 36-1 trigger wheel on the crank and if you popped the valve cover off and confirm the tooth count on the cam it would be fairly easy to setup... assuming the tooth count on the cam is 1. 

If you find it isn't a tooth count of 1 then perhaps the Mazda 3 trigger settings might work, but I'm sure someone smarter will chime in soon enough. 

hope that helps

No need to pull covers off, the MonsoonX has a triggerscope so you can see what you are dealing with.

But most of the non VVT duratecs are 36-1 on the crank, single tooth on the cam, both sensors are reluctor, trigger offset is usually around -90 or 270

The coil will likely need a dual channel ignitor.

8 hours ago, VtrSp1 said:

and the other i need to connect to sensor ground or to shield/ground pin?

Yes, either is fine (the shield/gnd pins are the same as the "ground out" pins  - connected to sensor ground internally).  On the Link looms we splice trig 1 ground, trigger 2 ground, and the two shields all to the shield/gnd pin A7.

A couple of things your should change.

Both trigger 1 & 2 arming threshold, change to example below will be a better starting point.

In fuel main settings, change fuel system type to MAP referenced, since you dont have a fuel pressure sensor assigned you cant use the FP Sensor fuel system type.

zxvZ6gZ.png

Your ECU is still disabled so you need to get an unlock code from the dealer before it will run.

6 hours ago, VtrSp1 said:

And for the stock Ford coil i need an extternal dual channel ignitor?

Yes, the coil is a non amplified coil so will need a separate ignitior.

@adamw thanks for the input.

I have unlock the ecu a few minute ago.

i use the trigger scope for set the synch tooth , so i count the edge after the tooth missed so and it's 11 ..possible?

And on Trigger 2 sync mode, is ok cam pulse 1x?

• 5 months later...
On 7/15/2020 at 12:06 AM, VtrSp1 said:

@adamw thanks for the input.

I have unlock the ecu a few minute ago.

i use the trigger scope for set the synch tooth , so i count the edge after the tooth missed so and it's 11 ..possible?

And on Trigger 2 sync mode, is ok cam pulse 1x?

Would like to know what the unlock code is for the ECU, as I am triing to get in myself

thx !!

[email protected]