DI on Evo PNP G4X

Bethanyc

Hi link team, 

is there anything special on the DI10 interface on the G4X Evo 4-8 PNP board (ECU plug pin #46)

i cant seem to get a simple switch setup on this interface, it should be straight forward, i have grounded one side of switch, and confirmed it is working at the ECU plug.

I know this DI was originally assigned clutch switch, which is disabled in the config. (which my Evo also does not have)     

i might try move the cable to DI 5, 6 ECU pin in the morning, as these are also not in use on my Evo.   

ok a quick update after testing this morning 

i tried a brand new pin plug with bare wire nothing connected into connector 46 DI10 >   no voltage 

I then moved the same new plug pin to spare connector number 44 DI5 > reading about 10.4v , my switch works perfectly. 

so there is an issue with DI10 on the ECU...  i dont need any more inputs and i have DI6 i can use as well if i need another. Its just very strange. 

Thanks. 

Beth. 

• 8 months later...

Hello guys, just manage to get my hands in the g4x for the evo pnp.. as for pin 46 issue.. i think that links my have a printed error.. for other evo that have a clutch switch it will be assigned to pin 43 not pin 46.. pin 46 will be for fuel level tank input.. iam having the same issue here to assign a clutch switch to make the DI10 to work.. but now reassign the clutch switch to DI3.. 

Thanks for the reasponse adam, but it took me several attempts to see DI10 on pin46 but no luck.. recheck connection and all is good.. lastly just switch to DI3 and it works... But according to original clutch switch pinout ot evo ecu its on pin 43.. 

32 minutes ago, Mizan said:

But according to original clutch switch pinout ot evo ecu its on pin 43

Where are you finding this information and which EVO specifically, if it is different on a particular model that is useful information that I can put in the help manual to help others.

Got it on the website.. https://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/tech/EVO-ecuwiring.htm

ive done several conversion for oem evo ecu in which some customers who wanted the flatshift to be activated and i usually do it on the pin 43.

would be great that to update the manual to help others.. but this is based on our jdm/audm model in asia.. hope this helps..