G4X Evo 4-8 pluging running legnum vr4 6A13TT

James991

You need to set up a custom 0-5V sensor first in RS3, assign volume units, then go to your dash config and double click on the channel you want to use a assign the fuel level sensor to the channel.  You can choose lowpass filter.  The 32sec one will probably do it.

0ZU0A1J.png

On 8/8/2020 at 10:24 AM, James991 said:

How hard is that to setup on the software side? Had a look for fuel sender options and it wasn't obvious. i was just going to run it through the ecu as it looked more straight forward but can go through the dash as i have one last input left. 

Worked it out easy enough. Going through my sensors today to check the all work and seem to be having a issue with my oil temp sensor which is on an temp 3. Checked the sensor and the wiring and all checks out and get a reading on the multimeter. Its almost like it isn't connected to the channel just reads 4.95v 

23 minutes ago, James991 said:

Checked the sensor and the wiring and all checks out and get a reading on the multimeter. Its almost like it isn't connected to the channel just reads 4.95v 

Are you talking about in PC Link?  What happens if you short the wires together?  Or short pin 77 to ground.

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Error low/high set correctly?  I dont see any reason why ANT 3 wouldnt work looking at the schematic.

From what I can work out it should work. Can you run a temp sensor as an aux in with a 1k pull up to 5v externally? 

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

On 8/9/2020 at 4:46 PM, James991 said:

Worked it out easy enough. Going through my sensors today to check the all work and seem to be having a issue with my oil temp sensor which is on an temp 3. Checked the sensor and the wiring and all checks out and get a reading on the multimeter. Its almost like it isn't connected to the channel just reads 4.95v 

this is going to sound really strange, but i am sure mine did the same, i am using the link NTC1-8 sensor, it was just not reading voltage, also connecting through an temp 3.

i changed the sensor type to Delphi AC ECT and it mysteriously started reading voltage correctly without me touching the wiring ?  i think they are Delphi sensors anyway. 

Beth. 

5 minutes ago, Bethanyc said:

this is going to sound really strange, but i am sure mine did the same, i am using the link NTC1-8 sensor, it was just not reading voltage, also connecting through an temp 3.

i changed the sensor type to Delphi AC ECT and it mysteriously started reading voltage correctly without me touching the wiring ?  i think they are Delphi sensors anyway. 

Beth. 

Figured mine out last night. Was going to move the pin to a aux with a external pull-up resistor but noticed my joint had broke under the heatshrink and hadn’t tested that part of the harness. Now seems to work fine. Can’t thank Adam enough he has been a great help and put up with some of my basic questions.

14 minutes ago, James991 said:

Figured mine out last night. Was going to move the pin to a aux with a external pull-up resistor but noticed my joint had broke under the heatshrink and hadn’t tested that part of the harness. Now seems to work fine. Can’t thank Adam enough he has been a great help and put up with some of my basic questions.

i probably should recheck my wiring to it, may just have been marginal as well..