V88 to G4X upgrade and Reluctor Interface?

JAZ-013

Hi all.  I'm just looking at clearing something up due to a gap in my knowledge.  Basically, I'm replacing a Vi-Pec V88 with a shiny new Link G4X Xtreme on a 2JZ-GTE VVTi, which should be pretty straight forward considering the pinouts are identical.  The only question I have is, the guy that installed the V88 has used an Autronic reluctor interface on the crank trigger and Trigger1 is setup as a Hall Effect sensor.  The car has been running for 10-12 years on the V88 set up like this with no problems.  

I didn't think this would be needed and that the v88 didn't have any issues syncing with a VR crank sensor. For the record, the CAM sensor on Trigger2 is set up as Reluctor.

What would be the (possible?) reason(s) why he has done that and, do I need to keep it when I upgrade?  Or can I simplify my wiring and just ditch it?

Much thanks.

13 hours ago, Brad Burnett said:

There is really no reason to have the Autronic interface to begin with.  The V88 would have been able to accept the standard VR sensor signal with out issue.  

I would eliminate it if it was my vehicle.  Just only less component to fail/troubleshoot at a later date.

Thanks for the reply.  That actually helps things make a bit more sense.  I remember there being missfire issues with this motor at high boost levels, so if the Autronic interface doesn't need to be there, I'm now thinking maybe it was added in an attempt to fix that problem?  I do know that in the end, the fix for the missfire was to switch to CDI ignition which the car has also been running fine with for 10 years.  Which means yeah, by the sounds of it I can ditch the Autronic interface.  Thanks.

15 hours ago, JAZ-013 said:

Thanks for the reply.  That actually helps things make a bit more sense.  I remember there being missfire issues with this motor at high boost levels, so if the Autronic interface doesn't need to be there, I'm now thinking maybe it was added in an attempt to fix that problem?  I do know that in the end, the fix for the missfire was to switch to CDI ignition which the car has also been running fine with for 10 years.  Which means yeah, by the sounds of it I can ditch the Autronic interface.  Thanks.

could 100% see installing the autronic interface in an attempt to address a misfire scenario.