Knock sensor change - Internal or DI?

M1tch

Hi all,

I have just changed over my knock sensor on my engine from a 1 wire knock sensor to a 2 wire Bosch sensor.

I have run a shielded cable from the new knock sensor through to the ECU and have seen on connector B that there is 'Knock 1' pre populated with the original knock sensor wiring.

I have used this pin to input one of the wires from the new knock sensor into and then used the pin below - shield/ground - for the other wire.

I have changed over the knock control settings from the narrowband option over to the wideband option - was set at 7khz narrow, change to 4-10khz wideband.

Is this all wired in correctly or should I instead use one of the DI input pins instead - guessing if I use the original knock pin in the connector there isn't anything else to configure as its meant for the knock input.

Just needed a quick sense check!

The engine bore is at 79.5mm so a resonance of around 7.3khz ish so will perhaps log both wideband 4-10khz and then narrowband 7khz, I might also log narrowband 14khz or 15khz as possibly being able to use second order resonance.

Good to know I have the wiring correctly sorted - will go through and set up the gain and cylinder trims soon, engine is currently going through break in but the mechanical noise on the engine is far better than the old engine that was removed!

What are the benefits of the 2 wire knock sensor vs the 1 wire? Is it just a case that its a cleaner signal or something else?