MAP Sensor Calibration Incorrect?

Mattg1994

Hey guys, recently converted my car to e85 and took it to get tuned. The tuner said the MAP sensor i bought (OMNI 4Bar, part: map-sti15-4br) would only calibrate as a 3 bar. Now i told the company i bought it off about the issue and they sent me a new one claiming it was from a different batch so very unlikely to also be faulty. I also replaced the plug to the map sensor because the ground seemed to be missing a couple strands and then tried to calibrate the map sensor with the settings provided by omni (.6V = 30kpa / 4.75v = 400kpa). The calibration was completed and it was reading 14.6psi MAP,  however when i start my car and it is idling the MAP reads 7psi vacuum and my boost gauge reads about 14psi vacuum which seems to me like the calibration must be out?

I then tested the output voltage from both new and old sensors, keep in mind they are the exact same sensor and one was giving me 1.376V and the other 1.4V. Is it normal for MAP sensors to be this different even though they are the exact same part?

I will try to contact OMNI to see if they know what the deal is, however i was hoping someone here could offer me some guidance in the meantime.

Cheers.

by the looks of it, you boost gauge reads 14inHg vacuum and not 14 psi vacuum which would be perfect vacuum.

7psi vacuum at idle seems plausible (bigger cams would be less, smaller cams would be more).

never experience the omni myself, but reading alot of other people and bad experience with it, so I guess everything could happend.

12 minutes ago, dx4picco said:

by the looks of it, you boost gauge reads 14inHg vacuum and not 14 psi vacuum which would be perfect vacuum.

7psi vacuum at idle seems plausible (bigger cams would be less, smaller cams would be more).

never experience the omni myself, but reading alot of other people and bad experience with it, so I guess everything could happend.

Yeah, i just realised that my gauge reads inHg in vacuum and that it scales different from psi, i guess that solves that issue.

Still a bit concerned about the difference in output voltages between the two sensors though..