PCLink 6.18.20 and Firmware 6.18.8 Released!

TechDave

Another release! This one contains a long requested feature, so called "long term fuel trims", added to the CLL system. It just keeps getting better!

My hot takes:
  • Added OBD2 Functionality
  • Added Knock Control and Analog Trigger Scope to V3 and newer Atom and Monsoon ECUs.
  • Increased Memo Size significantly to 56k of Unicode. The memo text can be found using by pressing ctrl + M and is stored as part of the basemap.
  • Increased list of possible Table Axes to include all runtime values and statuses.
  • Added 16 CAN Auxiliaries which can be used for both switched and PWM functions (Act the same as an other Auxiliary Outputs but don't have a physical pin).
  • Added Latch settings for CAN DI inputs, they are located in Digital Inputs > CAN DI Latches.
  • Improved large tooth count trigger patterns noise resilience (This includes Nissan 360 Opto).

Download here:
http://www.linkecu.com/software-support/pc-link-downloads/

For details on how to update firmware, see this page of the help topic, or get in contact with tech:

PCLink G4X User Manual > Tuning Operating Procedures > ECU Controls > Firmware Updater

Full change notes:
http://www.linkecu.com/pclink/Link Engine Management PC Link G4X Updates 19082020.pdf

1 hour ago, TechDave said:

Correct, those who invested in G1 wont get them either sorry.

Will there be any extra feature upgrades for the G4+ at all? Or is my £1,300+ ECU now obsolete? I was waiting for long term fuel trims to be added to my ECU as part of the closed loop lambda (as it usually is on OEM ECUs), probably should have gone with an ECUMaster rather than Link it seems.

Just now, M1tch said:

Will there be any extra feature upgrades for the G4+ at all? Or is my £1,300+ ECU now obsolete?

What car is it in?

47 minutes ago, RSR said:

I'm still waiting for Japanese version PCLINK.

When will it be ready?

I believe they're working on it.

10 hours ago, M1tch said:

Will there be any extra feature upgrades for the G4+ at all? Or is my £1,300+ ECU now obsolete? I was waiting for long term fuel trims to be added to my ECU as part of the closed loop lambda (as it usually is on OEM ECUs), probably should have gone with an ECUMaster rather than Link it seems.

Thats not a nice way how you say that. On every product you buy the updates stops someday and you have to invest in the new generation unit if you want get all the recent features. 

Besides I'm 100% sure you would have been in the same situation with the other ECU  manufacturer. And if your fuel table is properly tuned, there is no need for long term fuel trims. I recommend to use Mixture Map. 

On 8/19/2020 at 2:02 PM, M1tch said:

When I bought my original G4+, I was very happy with that (although there was not much updates coming for that recently). Then 6 month later the new generation was announced. Right then I started advertising my G4+ for sale, because I knew I will want the new bells and whistles that come with it. I ended up paying an extra 300EUR for the G4X which I think is a reasonable price for the upgrade. Maybe you can do the same as the G4+ is still a strong ECU and I am pretty sure there are people who will happily pay a few hundreds less and get a little smaller feature set then the current line-up.

On 8/22/2020 at 8:46 PM, ellisd1984 said:

Not really a massive thing but is there a way of changing the colours of the crosshairs?  In particular the pink logging ones as they are difficult to see when colour gradient is selected.

I believe the cursor colour is the regular crosshairs, looks like the logging crosshair is currently fixed to a particular colour but you can change the gradient colours.

Window is found under Options->Colour Theme.

Capture.PNG

As the others are complaining i am too considering you didn't post any updates for over 2 years back in 2017 when G4+ was essentially brand new.

It felt like support and updates where regular at first but some key engineer left the company and everything stopped.

I made at least 2 suggestions, one has been added in G4X (math functions, still no reason not to have them in software too as they are useful when tuning to specific "references"), the other i don't think it's been added but can definitely done via CAN, but the CLL system should have been included AGES ago even back on G4.

I don't think software updates should be limited to G4X when the FPGA on G4+ can still be sufficient. Much more on the PCLink side too.

Plus i don't even think there is an option to upgrade your ECU by sending it back. Correct?

Guys 70% of G4X firmware code has been writen from scratch. So it's not possible to just take over the new features to G4+. It's better when Engineers spent there time into development of the new product. The G4+ is on a very good level, so it is just fine to leave it how it is. 

As with any tecnical device you have to buy the latest generation unit to get all the new features.

I get that Link are a relatively small company, with limited resources.

I'm not expecting large features to be back-ported, but there are a number of longstanding known bugs and issues with the G4+ range (cruise active light, as one simple example that directly affects me), and we feel abandoned, because there's something new and shiny, and existing features on our product aren't working properly.

I'm intrigued to see the new advances coming in the G4x range, and I might be tempted to upgrade in the future, but I'm currently wary about upgrading and having another issue that's left unresolved, as I've found has happened to me with the G4+.

I thought I had gotten over my resentment I felt with my G4+ purchase from  NZEFI to find the new gen G4X two months later.

Reading this I am back to gnashing my teeth.Have not been this pissed for a long time.

Having said this I do not have any issues with my G4+, just my head you know.

As M1tch said above, I would also have gone elsewhere. Came from a Vipec To G4+.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems to me that in this release we've got a bug in the fan control.

As per the help (and so far that's how it worked) if you enter 0 into the speed lockout, then there is no speedlockout. I mean it is disabled.

Right now, with the new firmware, 0 means actual 0, so if I start driving, the fans will stop. This was quite uncomfortable as I almost boiled the coolant in town cruising.

log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ale4oyMCOgLThM4edFre7Av_S3wKIw?e=kbQLtp

Thanks,

Béla

4 hours ago, Rozsko said:

t seems to me that in this release we've got a bug in the fan control.

As per the help (and so far that's how it worked) if you enter 0 into the speed lockout, then there is no speedlockout. I mean it is disabled.

Right now, with the new firmware, 0 means actual 0, so if I start driving, the fans will stop. This was quite uncomfortable as I almost boiled the coolant in town cruising.

log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ale4oyMCOgLThM4edFre7Av_S3wKIw?e=kbQLtp

Thanks,

Béla

This was spotted fairly quickly and a new version was put up with a fix (6.18.32), another version with language support (6.18.44) has also been put up since that so grab the latest PCLink and firmware please and let me know if it's still a problem.

Thanks

7 hours ago, Vaughan said:

This was spotted fairly quickly and a new version was put up with a fix (6.18.32), another version with language support (6.18.44) has also been put up since that so grab the latest PCLink and firmware please and let me know if it's still a problem.

Thanks

Got you. Sorry, did not spot any announcements about that. Will try and revert back in case of any further issue.

Thanks

• TechDave unpinned and unfeatured this topic