No connecting to ATOM G4X ECU after PCLink 6.18.20 download

Mustang

Adam,

same result , not connecting to the latest Software.
Installed the previus software version 6.17.22, immediatly connects to ECU.
Another strange thing with the 6.18.20 Software, when offline it is not possible to open a Map i made with 6.17.22, 
and also i cannot open the Atom 1UZ sample Map, see screen shot info:

grafik.thumb.png.65667fdaa3620007ba7e487abdbf32cb.png

grafik.thumb.png.2f8dacdbe246ef755cd36c65e4f1f198.png

Is it installed in the default location?

Does deleting the options2.xml file located in C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\PCLink fix it?

You might have to uninstall and reinstall it as it looks like something is corrupted somewhere

39 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Is it installed in the default location? Yes

39 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Does deleting the options2.xml file located in C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\PCLink fix it?  No

uninstall and install the latest Software several times, always the same result, offline i cannot open the  Atom 1UZ sample Map
and cannot not connect to ECU.
I install 6.17.22 Software, connects to ECU immediatly.

Edited by Mustang

8 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Have you tried downloading another copy from the website and installing that?

Maybe try installing a new copy from the website in a new folder in the same location

Yes, done it on two Laptops and one PC, always the same result, no connection to ECU.
Install 6.17.22 Software, and it works perfect, i dont understand it.
Is it possible that this is only a Problem with the 6.18.20 Software and the Atom G4x ECU?

40 minutes ago, Mustang said:

Is it possible that this is only a Problem with the 6.18.20 Software and the Atom G4x ECU?

The PCLink software doesn't really treat the ECUs any differently and I am not having any problems connecting to a G4X Atom with software I downloaded off the website here. Not having any problems loading basemaps either, not being able to load a basemap implies that there is something wrong with your installed copy of PCLink hence my previous suggestions.

Hi, I am facing the same issue "unable to open file named :" with all the base maps for Atom and Monsoon ECU's but working for all the basemaps for Plugins, Storm's, Fury's ECU.

I have tried removing options2.xml file and same issue.

i am not trying to connect to my ecu because I have to do all the wiring stuff before.

I have also tried to download the setup from Edge, Firefox with same results.

there is definitely something wrong with the new release.

44 minutes ago, Loic said:

there is definitely something wrong with the new release.

Hmm, weird.  I can connect to any ecu and open all files fine.  So we need to find what is different between your setup and ours.  I just noticed in Mustangs screenshots above that his language/keyboard/region settings are DE.  What are yours?

9 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I just noticed in Mustangs screenshots above that his language/keyboard/region settings are DE.  What are yours?

Yeah this was my first thought, French and German Windows language settings might be getting in the way of PCLink opening the path.

Also notice that it says it cannot open "C:/....blah blah/filename.pclx" instead of just "filename.pclx"

Can you please go to this dir and copy-paste the directory here?
image.png

I just managed to reproduce some of this by changing my language/region settings to Germany.  Although I can still connect to an ecu no problem, I do now get the same error trying to open the 1UZ Atom base map.  I will ask engineering to take a look tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Hmm, weird.  I can connect to any ecu and open all files fine.  So we need to find what is different between your setup and ours.  I just noticed in Mustangs screenshots above that his language/keyboard/region settings are DE.  What are yours?

Hi adam,

my country is France so my locale is set to FR-fr.

5 minutes ago, TechDave said:

Yeah this was my first thought, French and German Windows language settings might be getting in the way of PCLink opening the path.

Also notice that it says it cannot open "C:/....blah blah/filename.pclx" instead of just "filename.pclx"

Can you please go to this dir and copy-paste the directory here?
image.png

Hi Dave,

I don't think it is related to a relative or absolute file adressing because I can open other files in the same folder.