2JZGE sensors

Targetengineering

Hi folks just wondering if anyone has some info on 2JZ OEM sensors. The engine in question is a 2JZGE non-vvti, now fitted with cam sensor from a 7m engine out of the mk3 Supra and a single turbo conversion, also R8 coIl on plug ignition. 

specifically:

1) what is the crank trigger wheel, is it a 60-2, for example?

2) what type is the crank sensor, inductive, etc?

3)does anyone know the configuration settings for the 7m cam sensor?

thanks

Adamw, thanks for your reply. 
the engine has the 2jzgte turbo crank trigger wheel and the 7mCPS only for the cam. The 7mCPS is a strange device that has I think a reluctor wheel and sensor plus two additional sensors set 180degrees apart that Toyota call G1 and G2 sensors. At this point I have no idea how to configure the G4+ on how best to utilise the sensors. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Hi Brad. 
You are of course correct. I’ve checked and the crank has the 12 tooth trigger wheel. However, the G4+ does not appear to accept trigger wheels without a minimum of one missing tooth. Also we’ve wired the CPS sensor to use only the G1 output. The ECU seems to not accept the configuration and we’re also having intangible readings from the MAP sensor even when it’s been replaced and wiring thoroughly checked. So all three critical sensors causing issues on this 2JZ. I wonder what sensors othe 2JZ owners are using ?

2 hours ago, Targetengineering said:

I’ve checked and the crank has the 12 tooth trigger wheel. However, the G4+ does not appear to accept trigger wheels without a minimum of one missing tooth. Also we’ve wired the CPS sensor to use only the G1 output. The ECU seems to not accept the configuration

Use multitooth mode.  You can copy the settings out of the Mk4 supra base map if you need help or the 2JZ page in the help file has all the info too.

2 hours ago, Targetengineering said:

we’re also having intangible readings from the MAP sensor even when it’s been replaced and wiring thoroughly checked.

What MAP sensor do you have and what do you mean by "intangible"?  What calibration are you using?

• 2 weeks later...

Adamw thanks for the reply. 
The MAP sensor was reading at least 100kpa above the BAP sensor. We had a Link 3Bar MAP arrive by post and it calibrated perfectly as soon as it was plugged in. So one problem done. 

The CPS is still a work in progress and we are still struggling with low voltage from the sensor output. Also we are investigating a suspected an erratic wiring connection issue at the ECU harness/housing connections. The old engine harness connection at the ECU has retained its old pins as we struggled to obtain new connections. The plan is to verify good waveforms for Trigger 1&2 inputs at this connection with a conventional storage oscilloscope. Once any bad connection is corrected we can hopefully set the arming thresholds later on the G4 ECU. 

37 minutes ago, Targetengineering said:

The plan is to verify good waveforms for Trigger 1&2 inputs at this connection with a conventional storage oscilloscope.

What ecu do you have?  Most of our ECU's (except Atom and Monsoon) have a scope function built-in.

Hi Adamw,

G4+ ECU. As you say it has a built in scope in the software. However, we have a suspected poor connection at the multi plug interface of the ECU housing and engine harness. The point of using an independent scope is to check the signal integrity at the plug junction. i.e directly at the engine loom multi plug pin.