1JZGTE Crank but no start

SodaRabbit

I'm using the link g4x with plug in play for my 1jz swapped is300. Everything is green while setting up calibration except when I try to set up TPS I can hear it do its thing but at the end of the cycle it gives me an error saying H-Bridge polarity is reversed, Im not sure if thats a big deal. It will crank but nothing more. I ruled out a bunch by hooking up the stock 2jz ecu and it fired right up so im a bit lost. All help is appreciated. I included base map and log of cranking.

base.pclx PC Datalog - 2020-08-26 7;47;35 pm cranking with pc logging set all.llgx

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a VVT engine?  It is only showing a max of 14RPM when cranking so it suggests your trigger set-up is not right.

Do us a triggerscope while cranking and attach here.

1 hour ago, SodaRabbit said:

when I try to set up TPS I can hear it do its thing but at the end of the cycle it gives me an error saying H-Bridge polarity is reversed, Im not sure if thats a big deal.

That suggests your throttle is moving backwards.  Change the Aux 9 active state setting to low will reverse it, then do the TPS cal again.

iv8YiBZ.png

I tried setting the triggers to the values specified for 1JZGTEVVTi in the manual. I also tried setting the TPS to low and still get the same error. Also should the ignition spark be set to Wasted Spark, just curious because when I select Direct Spark the fans turn on, I didn't try to start because I wasn't sure. Sorry if I'm not so knowledgeable I'm trying to finish the project my brother was so close to completing before he passed.

Ok that worked. 

So it looks like trigger 1 and 2 are swapped (cam is wired to crank, crank is wired to cam).  Originally you said "im using a plug n play in an is300", but we dont make a plug-in for those.  

Is this using our Altezza plug-in with a modified loom? or the JZX plug-in? or a wire in ECU with some 3rd party adapter loom?

Just to clear up some confusion I have, you mean switching the pins on the connector that goes straight into the ECU? Also is there a special technique to removing a pin because I was practicing all day on a junk connector and was having a hard time, I just don't want to mess up what I have.20200830_004102.thumb.jpg.412f39279b763ff7c8889d36ee0e84f9.jpg792224161_Screenshot_20200830-004055_PhotoEditor.thumb.jpg.eb0426a44441a5bd88d2ff48576ed6ad.jpg

Correct, switch the position of those two wires with each other.

I dont have one of those specific plugs to look at, but typically you need to poke something like a safety pin or jewelers screewdriver into the pin side and lift the little barb/tang up to free the terminal.

Pic from google:

multilock-animation-gif.112085 

Ok, we should probably try to diagnose the throttle problem now before going much further.

Can you start a log recording then attempt the Throttle calibration, when it fails stop recording and save the log.  That may give me some clues.

Here is a video showing how to set up and start/stop the log:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P1LRANeO4A