Monsoon G4X: Trigger 1 Signal Loss while Cranking (Series 4 13B, FC RX-7)

HaveYouSeenAWizardSleep

Hey! Just finished wiring up my G4X Monsoon for my Series 4 13B on my FC RX7. Wiring was very straightforward and I made sure to double check all the leads going to the ECU through many continuity tests to ensure that I had a strong signal through the I/O.

It is important to note that my battery is fairly drained and I’ve been testing this out by jumping it with my other car.

I have hooked up the TPS, Injectors, Idle Air Control (BAC valve), injectors, ignition coils, internal MAP, Wideband, and CAS.

I currently do not have a CLT and IAT hooked up but that’s irrelevant to this (or I think so).

I have configured by CAS accordingly to the help guide in the PC Link software alongside with all my other sensors. I’m using the S6 basemap as a canvas for my basemap.

When cranking my engine I have a solid connection through trigger 2 at all times which is great but it picks up trigger 1 for a split second and will give me an RPM reading then shuts right off, increasing my trig 1 error count as I crank.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Video: 

6 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Please attach the tune.

edit: and a trigger scope while it is cranking 

Here is a file for the tune, as for the trigger scope when hitting the capture button I couldn't get any pickups for some reason not sure if I'm using that feature properly but I can give it a shot again.

FC3S S4 6Port Turbo.pclx

12 minutes ago, HaveYouSeenAWizardSleep said:

Here is a file for the tune, as for the trigger scope when hitting the capture button I couldn't get any pickups for some reason not sure if I'm using that feature properly but I can give it a shot again.

FC3S S4 6Port Turbo.pclx 319.52 kB · 0 downloads

Hi you need to start cranking the engine before clicking the button.

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

You are on old firmware too, so update to the latest as there have been several changes to trigger strategies in more recent versions 

Updated my firmware and fetched a trigger scope for you! Hopefully this helps

13B RX-7 Trigger Scope.llgx

Wiring is correct, even went as crazy to re-pin and re-wire the CAS. CAS is fine as it has always been working on the previous setup anyways. Never touched or altered it. Could it be that my battery is grounded to the chassis and not directly to the engine block?

3C446945-9B3F-4961-B786-4ED7ABC83E8F.png

Update: swapped the batteries, grounded my battery to the engine and the chassis, even swapped the trigger grounds, and swapped the trigger input wires. Running out of ideas at this point, not sure what else it could be.

The photo is the result of me swapping around the trigger wiring.

E053C7C1-6841-436B-94C6-81A3664D2D49.png

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

I suspect your CAS voltage may not be quite reaching your arming thresholds.

Can you change both trig 1 & 2 arming thresholds to match below and try again:

ASCrvVC.png

I swapped out the CAS, and changed the threshold table to this! It works!

293E136D-7726-4589-9D84-CF9E7FEEBDAC.png