FuryX with 2 Wideband o2?

chickeneatman

Hi All,

I only just recently obtained my Link FuryX. I am using it on a Lotus Evora S motor (SC 2GRFE) in a SW20 MR2.

I would like to use 2 wideband o2 sensors, 1 on each bank. The Fury has one dedicated controller. Is it possible to use that to control both o2 sensors? If not, can I use spare I/O to control the second? Am I stuck with finding another controller?

Thank you

Figured this would be the case. Thank you for the timely response.

While I have this thread open I want to make sure I have my trigger 1 and 2 wiring correct.

For Trig1 I will use Crank signal, does the ground input then go to the shielded gnd? For trig2 I would use bank 1 inlet cam signal and the other shielded gnd?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 5:11 PM, Vaughan said:

The 2GR Cam triggers usually need pullup resistors to 5V added, from memory I used a 2k2 pullup ressitor to 5V on each of my cam position sensors in my 2GR MR2 with g4X ECU.

Did you use 4 individual resistors or one spliced into the 4 of them? The internal pullup resistor can't be used for this?
Does the ECT also need a pull up resistor?

I am finding a lot of my 2 wire sensors require the 2k2 pull-up.

The 2GR cam sensors have a weak/low voltage output, so they need a stronger pull-up than the internal one s in the ecu.  Each cam will need its own pull-up.  1K for the cam connected to trigger 2 input, 2.2K for all the other cams.

The temp sensor will be fine with the internal pull-up.

3u64f6a.png

@chickeneatman

Sorry to add a bit of confusdion to the subject - Im going to change my pull-up suggestion from above a little.  Vaughan checked his 2GR today and has confirmed he has used a 2.2Kohm pull-up on all of the cams - both the DI's and Trigger 2. 

Although I have seen the above values from the help file work before, I have a vague recollection that another user on the forum some time ago used the 1Kohm on trigger 2 and it was marginally too strong.  2.2K has been working on Vaughans car for a while now so that is probably the safer bet. 

On 9/16/2020 at 3:55 AM, Adamw said:

@chickeneatman

Sorry to add a bit of confusdion to the subject - Im going to change my pull-up suggestion from above a little.  Vaughan checked his 2GR today and has confirmed he has used a 2.2Kohm pull-up on all of the cams - both the DI's and Trigger 2. 

Although I have seen the above values from the help file work before, I have a vague recollection that another user on the forum some time ago used the 1Kohm on trigger 2 and it was marginally too strong.  2.2K has been working on Vaughans car for a while now so that is probably the safer bet. 

Well, This is interesting. Tonight I just added in these pull up resistors.

However I used a 1.2k for Trig2, and 2.2k for the rest. I also added a 2.2k on my Temp1 IAT signal.

Maybe I should just see if this works?

I'm not quite sure if I captured with the trigger scope correctly, but here are the files I generated.

It does look like my trig 1 is doing nothing.

And my current tune.

I have an AEM 3.5 bar MAP

AEM IAT

AEM flex fuel sensor

1000cc @43.5 psi injectors

TriggerScopeLog.2llgx.llgx TriggerScopeLog.llgx.llgx config 1 BLUR2.pclx

TriggerScopeLog running 2.llgxTriggerScopeLog running.llgx

You are correct. How do these look?

image.thumb.png.1b51a1391a010a2e94bddb51f6e4f117.png

I tried to open up my own logs, they seem to be empty? This is what the scope shows after clicking capture while cranking. Looks like trig2 jumps to about 1.1V. Trig1 seems to actually be working?

Very new to all this, learning as I am going.

Trig 1 looks ok, trigger 2 doesnt look right.  

For a trigger 2 tooth to be considered acceptable it needs to go rise above 1.5V and fall below 1.0V.  Yours doesnt rise above 1.5V so its not going to work.

But...  This is the opposite of what I would expect if you had fitted a 1.2Kohm pull-up.  Are you sure it is fitted correctly?  Are you sure it is 1.2K?  Can you turn the internal trigger 2 pull-up off and do another triggerscope.  

And why did you put a pull-up on your IAT?

I thought I had it wired correctly. I just checked resistance between the pins on my trig2/ inlet cam, it didn't seem to be right. I am going to double check all the wiring tomorrow. Also my battery needs a charge now. I am 100% the resistor is 1.2k. I will try again tomorrow with the internal off, and scope.

I pulled up my IAT because the spec sheet called for one. AEM 30-2014.

I had some wiring issues. I put the 1.2k on my trig1, and nothing on my trig2. Fixed that and a few of the otther outputs. I discovered that all of my Cam pos gnd is on the shielded ground of the B plug. Will that cause any issue?

Here is the scope. Trig2 rises to 3.69 and falls to 0.6

image.thumb.png.579c77eb05e64f78522024e64584a5cc.png

TriggerScopeFixed Trig2.llgx

Trigger 2 looks fine now.  

2 hours ago, chickeneatman said:

I discovered that all of my Cam pos gnd is on the shielded ground of the B plug. Will that cause any issue?

That is fine/correct.

On 9/20/2020 at 1:42 PM, chickeneatman said:

I pulled up my IAT because the spec sheet called for one. AEM 30-2014.

It will work fine, but just FYI, the built-in 1K would have been fine to - or even marginally better.  It is the same sensor Link sell. 

I'm not a professional tuner and I am still playing around with various aspects of the tune so don't take any of this tune too seriously.

This file is also about 3 months old and from memory was running too rich under full load and high rpm.

2GR-FE with aftermarket cams, valve springs and 11:1 forged pistons2GR MR2 Trackday.pclx