LEM G3 - windows 10 "Unknown USB device"

awyeah

I've got a new windows 10 laptop, and I'm trying to connect to my LEM G3 ecu. Every time i try to connect i get "Unknown USB Device (Device descriptor Request Failed)

I have installed the latest g4 and g4+ programs and the drivers seem to install fine, but when i try to update the driver it tells me "the best drivers for your device are already installed" and i get no further.

In other posts the first thing asked for is the hardware id. Mine just shows up as USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE.

As far as I know the G4 or G4 + driver should work with the G3.  

If you right click on the unknown device and choose uninstall and then remove the driver when it asks if you want to delete it, then re-plug, does it then still get identified as unknown?

If you ring our UK tech support number you might get Dave around this time that could possibly take a look on team viewer.

11 hours ago, Adamw said:

As far as I know the G4 or G4 + driver should work with the G3.  

If you right click on the unknown device and choose uninstall and then remove the driver when it asks if you want to delete it, then re-plug, does it then still get identified as unknown?

If you ring our UK tech support number you might get Dave around this time that could possibly take a look on team viewer.

Yup I've deleted the driver multiple times, it's the only way I can get it to show up from hidden  again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the link software too.

I'll try a different laptop and see if I can get it to work