Easier PWM fan setup

W201 3.6

Would it be possible to add a feature to g4+ ecus that would allow easier setup of pwm radiator/condensor fan control?  Instead of building generic tables and getting tricky to make the fans go to a set speed with a/c pressure, this could be made simpler to set up, along with adding a section in the help file for setting up pwm fans.

• 9 months later...

Here's one example. Note that I use a Mitsubishi fan controller, so the 0-100 logic is inverted - as a failsafe, if the signal line is disconnected, it runs the fans at 100%, so 100% PWM = 0% fan speed and 0% PWM = 100% fan speed.

I have a chargecooler, so want my fan running basically all the time. However, if I'm just sitting making configuration changes to the ECU, and the engine is cold, there's no need to turn it on, hence the first two lines will disable the fan below 30 degrees ECT.

image.png.bc3ab996de7a69083a7aa8e18ce32560.png

Here's another quick example I knocked up, using AC Clutch on the X Axis:

image.png.3e783f2145819383fe9d209f8abf9db7.png

The current implementation really does have plenty of flexibility, much more so than a custom function might.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you looked at my post on PWM fan control? I wanted to have pwm fan control, but found the interpolation between cells when going from fan off to fan running tried to drive the fan stalled for a portion of time. With help from the forum a solution using a math block has my fans working perfect. Might be worth a look!

Would be nice as I have suggested in the wish list, and you mentioned in your post, to have a dedicated pwm fan/pump etc. setting, with things like 'initial kick' 'min/max dc clamp' 'timers' etc. It would mean less math for the end user, and that's always a good thing!

Min/Max dc clamp values using gp PWM outputs.