Mixture map settings

Gregconboy158

Hi, wanting to use the mixture map settings to tune the part throttle side of the table so its a nice drive as I feel this is a better way than on the dyno. So I'm getting decent data from it can anyone recommend some settings to use so I'm not pissing in the wind? 

Thanks, 

I would also like to know what people have had good results with I currently have TPS greater than 20 units per second transient filter with a minimum of 10 samples on my g4x and can't really get it to fill many cells on the histogram.

Unsure if it's because of the settings or if my driving technique that needs work.

4 hours ago, Jed_dc2 said:

I would also like to know what people have had good results with I'm currently have TPS greater than 20 units per second transient filter with a minimum of 10 samples on my g4x and can't really get it to fill many cells on the histogram.

Unsure if it's because of the settings or if my driving technique that needs work.

^Unless you meant to say "less than" in the statement above. that transient filter would explain why you're not getting many cells filled, not your driving technique. Here's a screenshot of the settings I've been using on my G4+ mixture map, so far it's been working pretty good.

Some explanation of my settings - with caveat that I'm a newbie at this too, I'm sure the Link gurus will chime in with possibly better suggestions for us

- On minimum samples, I have 10 in there initially, but to get a better result you really should have more samples. Of course doing so populates fewer cells given the same data log

- For "Active Zone" I've been using 50%; going smaller gets less samples and going larger gets you more samples. Not 100% sure what the trade-off is though; my understanding is that a smaller active zone % gets you closer to the center of the cell thus the accuracy of the fuel correction calculated is better?

- On the conditional filters, I set ECT (coolant temp) to be greater than 180*F, which ensures it ignores any data samples until my engine is at operating temp, and all the warmup enrichment is zeroed out. I also set another conditional filter for Overrun Fuel Cut status <0.5, which ensures that it ignores data collected while the car is in overrun fuel cut (status =1), as it would skew the fuel corrections as well.

- For the transient filters, since my car has a DBW throttle, I use AP (accelerator position) <10 units/second. That way it will only use data collected while I had a steady foot on the throttle - you want to avoid abrupt throttle changes and the resulting accel enrichments during the transients

Screenshot 2020-09-15 153311.jpg

1 hour ago, Pete_89t2 said:

^Unless you meant to say "less than" in the statement above. that transient filter would explain why you're not getting many cells filled, not your driving technique. Here's a screenshot of the settings I've been using on my G4+ mixture map, so far it's been working pretty good.

Some explanation of my settings - with caveat that I'm a newbie at this too, I'm sure the Link gurus will chime in with possibly better suggestions for us

- On minimum samples, I have 10 in there initially, but to get a better result you really should have more samples. Of course doing so populates fewer cells given the same data log

- For "Active Zone" I've been using 50%; going smaller gets less samples and going larger gets you more samples. Not 100% sure what the trade-off is though; my understanding is that a smaller active zone % gets you closer to the center of the cell thus the accuracy of the fuel correction calculated is better?

- On the conditional filters, I set ECT (coolant temp) to be greater than 180*F, which ensures it ignores any data samples until my engine is at operating temp, and all the warmup enrichment is zeroed out. I also set another conditional filter for Overrun Fuel Cut status <0.5, which ensures that it ignores data collected while the car is in overrun fuel cut (status =1), as it would skew the fuel corrections as well.

- For the transient filters, since my car has a DBW throttle, I use AP (accelerator position) <10 units/second. That way it will only use data collected while I had a steady foot on the throttle - you want to avoid abrupt throttle changes and the resulting accel enrichments during the transients

Screenshot 2020-09-15 153311.jpg

No I meant greater than my understanding of it was it would filter out any quick increases in throttle and the Accel enrichment that goes with it.

Could be wrong though will have another look later

I managed to get it populating more cells by increasing area of zone to 50%