Sr20det high idle when warm

Harry buscema

16 hours ago, Adamw said:

Attach your tune and a log.  It is likely your base position is wrong and therefore pushing the idle above the lockout so idle control never kicks in.  

thanks for the reply Adam, i have just attached my logs, at around 3:20 is where the idle is high, thanks for all the help

s14 expermental.pclr Log 2020-09-9 4;37;38 pm.llg

You don't appear to have an ISC valve setup and so are only using ignition idle to control the idle speed.

Looks like it's not dropping below the Idle Ignition RPM Lockout and so the ignition idle control never pulls the ignition angle (and as a result engine speed) down. Maybe try reducing the ignition table values in the idle area of the table.

On 9/25/2020 at 3:15 PM, Vaughan said:

You don't appear to have an ISC valve setup and so are only using ignition idle to control the idle speed.

Looks like it's not dropping below the Idle Ignition RPM Lockout and so the ignition idle control never pulls the ignition angle (and as a result engine speed) down. Maybe try reducing the ignition table values in the idle area of the table.

thank for the reply Vaughan, would you be able to give me an example of how much i should be reducing from the ignition table? thanks

Try the attached file, I have flattened out the ign table around the idle entry area and change the idle ign table set up.

For this to work well you will want toi get the engine warmed up, then adjust the throttle stop screw while watching the idle ign table in PC link until the cursor is bouncing around as close as poss to the 10deg cells in the idle ign table.  Say somewhere within that pink window below.

image.png.8baf8fd57ea37d5655b318cdb86dcbfd.png

Try this.pclr