Aim can setup

nkm-erik

Hi. Having some Problems setting up my msx 1.2 strada. I have an old version of v88 with the hardware upgrade. 
followed all instructions from aim and vipec. 
but no info on the dash. Don’t know where to change datastream and baudrate. Also is it preffered to use can2 from b loom pinout or the green and white wire from the can1 connector? 
any ideas? Anyone? 
cheers

On the image you can see what happens When i press apply in the can settings in vts software

EEFB83DE-3D23-4D15-BAB4-981A27B239B1.jpeg

Can you attach your map so I can take a look.

4 hours ago, nkm-erik said:

Also is it preffered to use can2 from b loom pinout or the green and white wire from the can1 connector? 

A V88 doesnt have CAN2 as far as I remember - it just has CAN1 on the 6 pin round plug below USB.

13 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Can you attach your map so I can take a look.

A V88 doesnt have CAN2 as far as I remember - it just has CAN1 on the 6 pin round plug below USB.

heres the map.

at the moment can cabels are connected to the bottom can output port on the ecu

bmw mapp.pcl

Your CAN setup in the map is correct.

The acknowledge error suggests either the CAN wiring is wrong or the dash is not set up to match.  

Assuming it is a Link branded dash it should already be set up to match.  So maybe attach some pictures of your wiring so we can confirm the correct pins have been used etc.

It’s not a link branded dash. Don’t have any pictures of the wiring. I has an extra link tuning USB cable so i cut it and used the white and green wire. 
white wire to the white wire from the dash

green wire to the blue wire from the dash

red wire from dash to 12v

black wire from dash to chassie ground 

In the dash software, make sure the ECU stream is set to LINK - CAN_BUS_BASE_LCC.

If that is already correct then check the white/green wires go to the correct pins in the 6 pin plug - I have no idea what colours are attached to which pins in the USB cable.

2 minutes ago, Adamw said:

In the dash software, make sure the ECU stream is set to LINK - CAN_BUS_BASE_LCC.

If that is already correct then check the white/green wires go to the correct pins in the 6 pin plug - I have no idea what colours are attached to which pins in the USB cable.

Yes It’s set to link base :) ok i’ll check the wiring but what i Could find those är the 3 and 4 pin in the connector