TPS and BAP

Stu

Hi guys - my MG has unstable manifold vacuum due to fast road cam and Siamese ports etc. One of Adams articles recommends using BAP for load equation and TPS instead of MGP for the fuel table in this situation. My questions are:

1. Does the Link atom have a BAP sensor?

2. if so roughly what data should I use to populate the fuel table if load axis changed to TPS? 
Thank you 

Thanks Adam, it’s a real horror show though - it wasn’t until I read your stuff that I realised I was trying to tune around an impossibly shitty vacuum signal. I’ll send it to you tomorrow . By the way, should I change my ignition map load axis to TPS too? Thank you 

I dont care what the tune looks like, I mostly want it so you dont need to do all the IO again.  Yes, I will change Ign table load axis to TP aswel.

I've never tuned a A or B series, but I believe to get them working well on injection, you really need 4 injectors and a lambda probe in each primary so you can use the injector split timing function to get around their tendency to charge rob.  I still know of guys that have got injected minis running reasonable with standard equally spaced injector timing - just I suspect you will still see odd behavior at some RPM's.

Thanks for that, should I send you the ignition and fuel maps or a log file? I have triggered each injector twice to try and replicate four injectors. I’ve got a wideband in the collector as cyls 2 and 3 are siamese and share a primary. Also, I’ve ditched the distributor for a wasted spark set up. No cam sensor, so I guess that limits my ability to go sequential and use the split timing function? At anything over part throttle it runs really well, but light throttle and idle are all over the place. I’ve tried adjusting the fuel table but just made everything worse. Was running a side draft Weber and used the wideband to set it up too, could never get idle on that to behave either. Linked the two intake branches with a little plenum (like the original SU manifold) which improved things dramatically but still far from ideal. I appreciate your help Adam - some people say I’m putting lipstick on a pig but I’m enjoying the process anyway haha!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Adam, been working with the tune you set up for me. Idle, lean cruise and light throttle are all way happier. Something's still way off though - anything over say 30% throttle and my AFR is in the 9's. Its using more gas than a monster truck too. MAP now switched off, IAT corrections off- no effect. I have also calibrated my wideband sensor etc. After a run, most of the time driving at  AFR high 13's to low 14's and idling around mid 13's my spark plugs are still quite dark. Hideously rich, rough, smokey start ups in the afternoons too. Cold start and warm up corrections off.  Any ideas mate? Thank you.