Fuelab Pump 92902 PWM

Dew511

Hi all...

Im running a single Fuelab 92902 pump that has the onboard PWM control.

Ive tried to set up the 33/66/100 but that doesnt seem to work correctly. Infact, the logs show FP DC at 67% then it drops to 33% when I cross the ~15psi threshold. Which in turn causes Inj PW/ DC to go haywire.

The pump runs "max" with no input on PWM control and "reduced speed" when PWM control is grounded.

I have AUX 3 available as FP Speed. How can I set up to control this pump? Open/ Closed loop maybe?

1 hour ago, Dew511 said:

Hi all...

Im running a single Fuelab 92902 pump that has the onboard PWM control.

Ive tried to set up the 33/66/100 but that doesnt seem to work correctly. Infact, the logs show FP DC at 67% then it drops to 33% when I cross the ~15psi threshold. Which in turn causes Inj PW/ DC to go haywire.

The pump runs "max" with no input on PWM control and "reduced speed" when PWM control is grounded.

I have AUX 3 available as FP Speed. How can I set up to control this pump? Open/ Closed loop maybe?

what frequency do you have the output set at?

There was a bug in one of the old firmwares (<5.6.6) where the subaru FP DC was displayed wrong in the software - the PWM output was actually correct though so the pump will be functioning correctly.  Make sure you are on the latest FW.

12 hours ago, Adamw said:

There was a bug in one of the old firmwares (<5.6.6) where the subaru FP DC was displayed wrong in the software - the PWM output was actually correct though so the pump will be functioning correctly.  Make sure you are on the latest FW.

Yeah I read on here somewhere that there was a bug etc but this def wasnt a bug.

You can see from the log how erratic the FP DC% was and at the highlighted point how much inj DC/PW occurred. Every other point was less than 50% inj DC & 10ms inj PW. So idk.

When I get back to the car, I'll check the firmware.

Also... I mentioned the way the fuelab pump controls speed. Full speed... no input on pwm control & reduced speed... ground on pwm control.

Can the link control that? If so, how do I go about setting it up?

16016662976723948427437172796210.jpg

4 hours ago, Dew511 said:

You can see from the log how erratic the FP DC% was and at the highlighted point how much inj DC/PW occurred. Every other point was less than 50% inj DC & 10ms inj PW. So idk.

It looks like you have it set up "backwards".  So 100% FP speed is minimum flow, 33% would be max.  Change the aux output polarity setting to "high", then 100% FP speed will be 100% 12V, 33% FP speed will be 33% 12V (ie closer to gnd).

15 minutes ago, Adamw said:

It looks like you have it set up "backwards".  So 100% FP speed is minimum flow, 33% would be max.  Change the aux output polarity setting to "high", then 100% FP speed will be 100% 12V, 33% FP speed will be 33% 12V (ie closer to gnd).

It was/is set to High... it also wouldn't let me switch it to Low because I also thought it seemed to backwards.

I read a post on here saying that's how the Supra/Subaru community use that function so it preprogrammed to stay in high like that. 

Ok, if it wont let you change the polarity from high in this mode then it is hard-coded. This is changed in G4X and I didnt remember it being fixed in G4+ but that would be right. The hardcoded subaru mode does work the same as you are saying you want though - 100% FP speed = constant high output.  33% FP speed is 33% high, 66% low. 

I suggest you change to open loop mode so you can manually change DC and polarity to see how the pump responds.

17 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Ok, if it wont let you change the polarity from high in this mode then it is hard-coded. This is changed in G4X and I didnt remember it being fixed in G4+ but that would be right. The hardcoded subaru mode does work the same as you are saying you want though - 100% FP speed = constant high output.  33% FP speed is 33% high, 66% low. 

I suggest you change to open loop mode so you can manually change DC and polarity to see how the pump responds.

The 33-high... 66-low... 100-constant high seems a little awkward to me. 

We did end up on open and got a clean pull. Fuel pressure up to 60+ psi I believe. 

Looking back at settings, he did clamp min and max at 100. I guess that forces the pump to just stay at 100%?

Also the multiplier and offset had some weird numbers... like -5% multiplier and -125% offset. 

Any guidance as to what I should have there?

Yes with min and max clamp at 100% it would have given a fixed 100% output.  

Set muliplier to 1 and offset to zero will mean 0-100% in the open loop table will give a 0-100% PWM output. 

The multiplier and offset are used for controllers that say want something weird like a 0-50% PWM signal to command 0-100% speed.  

2 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Yes with min and max clamp at 100% it would have given a fixed 100% output.  

Set muliplier to 1 and offset to zero will mean 0-100% in the open loop table will give a 0-100% PWM output. 

The multiplier and offset are used for controllers that say want something weird like a 0-50% PWM signal to command 0-100% speed.  

Hmmm... ok no prob. 

Will try that tomo and see.

Thank you kindly. 

5 minutes ago, Ben C said:

Yep, must be in the manual or info onkine somewhere. 80 is a fair way off 500 as minimum!

I def agree! Yellow highlighted area.

Sooo... set to 1000hz? I'm on Aux 3... which I think can do up to 4k if I recall. 

So the "80hz" in 80hz 33/66/100% DC doesnt mean anything?

Screenshot_20201002-222722_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

23 minutes ago, Dew511 said:

I def agree! Yellow highlighted area.

Sooo... set to 1000hz? I'm on Aux 3... which I think can do up to 4k if I recall. 

So the "80hz" in 80hz 33/66/100% DC doesnt mean anything?

Screenshot_20201002-222722_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I would definitely set to 1000hz and see how it goes. Where did the 80hz come from?

• 2 weeks later...

Update... Everything seem to be working correctly as far as the fueling is concerned.

I did change the Hz to 1000 like was recommended.

I also am now running the FP in Open Loop... for now.

Lastly, I did update the firmware.

The "FP Speed (%DC)(%)" does still show the "reverse" for me.  As the actual FP speeds up, the "FP Speed (%DC)(%)" goes down. Min DC clamp at 30% so "FP Speed (%DC)(%)" shows 70% and ramps up to 100% by 30% Inj DC.