G4+ 5.6.8 PC Link & Firmware 5.6.8 Released

Adamw

• Adamw pinned this topic

Yes, Ethanol, APS, and a whole lot of statuses from cruise/traction/antilag etc have been added on to the end of the existing generic dash stream.  This means older devices (G4 etc) are still compatible with a dash that supports the new modified stream.  The detail is in the help file.  You should pass it on to them -  I believe another user already has but I assume the more that chase them the better your chances.

IsljdxV.png

On 10/20/2020 at 8:10 PM, ozyvr4 said:

I saw more parameters added to the generic can stream. Was ethanol content added? I have a Haltech IC7 and it does not have ethanol content in there list for the link template. Im hopeful. 

Can't you just add it in? I added some parameters that the Generic dash didn't have to send to my Plex display. Unless the issue is you cannot configure the Haltech end? 

• 4 weeks later...

Please help,

I downloaded Ver 5.6.8.3671 install and run then tried to update Xtreme ECU but there is no firmware 5.6.8 on the available firmware list, the latest was v5.6.7 firmware 5.6.7.3631 which is the same as in ECU.

firmware.png

I found that my CLL trim tables were missing after the last software update.

I noticed a reported bug on the forum.

On the downloads page I see:
Ver: 5.6.8.3671 (Released: 10th November 2020) – View release notes

The release notes say:
PCLink version 5.6.8.3666 | DLL version 3659 | G4+ Firmware Version 5.6.8.3668

The choice of languages was...

English/日本語    English/Español    English/中文

I chose the first option, is it a typo that it says English/日本語?
The file that downloaded was: 
PCLink G4+ EN-JP V5.6.8.3669 Setup.exe

How do I get Ver: 5.6.8.3671 to hopefully resolve the issue?

Please can you help?

V5.6.8.3671 firmware is included in the v5.6.8.3669 PCLink so install the PCLink G4+ EN-JP V5.6.8.3669.exe file and upgrade your firmware using the "Firmware 5.6.8.3671.LFM" file which is included in that install.

I'll poke the website guy about getting those release notes fixed.

Thank you, much appreicated.  I installed the latest PCLink and updated the firmware as you suggested.
I did experience some strange behaviour though:

A while back, I set Lambda Mode OFF  to do some refinements to fuel table
Once complete, I set Lambda Mode Auto Mode (Wide Band) and the following tables were missing:
 CLL Pos Trim
 CLL Neg Trim
 CLL Update rate

I found that by setting FTrim Tables to OFF, then back to 3D Table again, the missing tables re-appeared.

Not sure if this is expected behaviour but it confused me.

Most likely you have different GP tables allocated so the compare wont work correctly.  It relies on the same GP table being used. 

You can see what tables are allocated near the bottom of the ecu settings menu tree, under table allocation.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 7:48 PM, Adamw said:

Yes, Ethanol, APS, and a whole lot of statuses from cruise/traction/antilag etc have been added on to the end of the existing generic dash stream.  This means older devices (G4 etc) are still compatible with a dash that supports the new modified stream.  The detail is in the help file.  You should pass it on to them -  I believe another user already has but I assume the more that chase them the better your chances.

IsljdxV.png

Adam, are you able to attach an updated generic dash stream to be used with Race Studio 3, I have a few sensors that my G4+ Thunder keeps an eye on and sends their values to my MXS Strada 1.2 over can and it would be great if i could add them

• 6 months later...
13 minutes ago, Yvo said:

what is the last firmware for G4+?

i have the following on mine:

This is the latest firmware version. Unfortunately, the G4+ is not having any major new features or functionality added, and it appears only critical bugs are being considered for fixing.

It would be nice if they did a few minor "quality of life" improvements, but I don't think that's going to happen either :(

• 6 months later...