PC Link locking up/Disconnecting while engine running & No RS232 with G4x?

koracing

If the ECU is not powering up then there is either no 14V or no ground.  There is nothing software or communication wise that will prevent it from doing its boot up routine, priming fuel pump etc.  Note if you have auxes powered up but the ECU is not getting power then you will have 14V backfeeding out of the pin A5 so that can make you think it is getting power when it is not.  

9 hours ago, Lotussuper7 said:

I also have connection issues with my g4x, especially when trying to download logs from the ecu. Sometimes it downloads the log with no issues, and other times it crashes part way through, and disconnects the ecu. Tried everything I can think of, however it seems very random. Old Hp laptop running win xp offline. Running in slow mode seems to make it better for downloading logs, but very slow and not the greatest for normal operation. Hopefully this gets fixed.

Not sure if it's related, but I also have an small issue where the ecu sometimes does not come on when power is applied, and it takes turning the power of and on again, then it turnes on. It's not a major thing, as its obvious when it happens as the fuel pump doesn't prime, so you notice it strait away, but it would be nice if it didnt happen. Just thought I'd mention it incase it was related.

A customers Stagea w/ LinkG4X fury has done exactly this a handful of times so far. Key switched to ON, no pump prime, and if you try to crank it over wont start. Switch to OFF, back to ON, no issue at all starting. Absolutely random.

9 hours ago, AUSBen31 said:

A customers Stagea w/ LinkG4X fury has done exactly this a handful of times so far. Key switched to ON, no pump prime, and if you try to crank it over wont start. Switch to OFF, back to ON, no issue at all starting. Absolutely random.

What is the AC clutch relay connected to?  These are hot fed in the Stagea and will keep the ecu partially alive after ign off if wired to an aux.  In the GTT plugin we use an injector drive and seperate flyback circuit.

14 hours ago, AUSBen31 said:

Exactly what happens. And as I said, I read another's post that said the same (unless that was you, lol). I have a standalone g4x fury.

22 hours ago, Lotussuper7 said:

I didnt really think it would be related. 

When it happens, the ecu itself just doesn't power up at all. Im 99.9% sure that its getting power when this fault occurs, as I have tested the VCC of the ecu when in that state . I have read somewhere else in the forum another person having the same issue, (probably where I should have mentioned this). The ecu has never quit once powered up. And never failed to start when the laptop hasn't just been connected (its mostly connected recently as I have been tinkering) . Its not a big deal, as it only happens every so often, just an observation.

I will try and find the post on that users problem, if I can find it.

As for the connection issues, not sure about that one. I have tried different Baud rates, different com ports, manual port selection, and other port related settings, however, still have not found any that will reliably hold the connection when downloading logs. Running in slow mode seems to work, however, goes slower than real time, and is a real pain, and that's only for small logs, I cant Imagine how long it would take for big logs. When running out of slow mode, I can sometimes get the logs to download quick and easy, but its hit and miss.

So, in a way I think you are on the right track with it being a relay, but its not (at least in my case) the fuel pump relay, My symptoms would indicate an internal relay (circuit) in the ecu not turning on. I'm not saying that is definitely the problem, however, the symptoms would match. The fuel pump in my case simply does not turn on, because the ecu doesn't come on. As I say, it only happens infrequently, and turning the ignition on and off has always seen it come alive on the second go.

Screenshot_20210718-192709_Chrome_copy_413x437.jpg

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, S50T said:

For anyone with the disconnecting issue check your spark plugs and make sure they have resistors in them. Non-resistor plugs made the random disconnecting issue 1000x worse on my g4x. 

I had the issue but the latest firmware sorted it.. It was also my Lenovo Laptop that did it....Apparently that was a known issue. I also make sure I save then disconnect the laptop before shutting the car down if I've changed anything!

I haven't had the issue since...