Subaru CAN support

I am sure I read it somewhere that you guys are already working on adding the native support of Subaru CAN, so that 2008+ STis can use these really standalone and no piggy pack, but can't find that thread.

Do you have any estimate on when this is going to come?

Thanks,

Béla

Preliminary support will be in firmware 6.19 which is due for release any day now.  So far only widely tested in a JDM 2007 STI (same as 2008 in most other countries).  I believe it should work with most cars to 2011.  Lots of torque based messages as well as fuel consumption etc so the engine needs to be mapped in modeled mode and the torque management function needs to be set up so that the ecu estimated torque is realistic.  I can give you a base map in a few days when the included features are publicly released.

We are working on a plug-in ECU for these cars but it is still at prototype stage so quite a few months off still.

This is great news @Adamw. Thanks very much.

Are there any major differences with beyond 2011? The car I am trying to find the solution for is a 2013 sedan, which shares many many things with the hatch.

This project is a few months out, so I wish the plugin will be ready by that time as you say.

43 minutes ago, Rozsko said:

Are there any major differences with beyond 2011? The car I am trying to find the solution for is a 2013 sedan, which shares many many things with the hatch.

My understanding is 2007-2011 has basically the same CAN, 2012-2014 is different (but I dont yet know how different), then 2015-2017 is different again.  Initial research suggests the same ecu should work from 2007-2017 but I still need to test and confirm that.