Over fueling after ecu upgrade G3lem to g4X

Lotussuper7

I recently installed a new g4 Fury and transplanted the maps etc from my old g3lem. 

The car is running in traditional fuel mode. Wasted spark, multipoint group.

With the same fuel map, and the same master fuel number, the car runs really rich now(around 3 AFR points. I have checked everything I can think of, but cant figure out why it is injecting so much fuel. (Only no load garage testing)

The only thing I noticed was that when I brought the fuel map over, it had Mgp as the load source, and the g4 will only let me use MAP for the load, both fuel tables(old and new) use MGP on the load axis. Could this cause it?

And ideas appreciated.

Tim

9 hours ago, Tim Ward said:

The only thing I noticed was that when I brought the fuel map over, it had Mgp as the load source, and the g4 will only let me use MAP for the load, both fuel tables(old and new) use MGP on the load axis. Could this cause it?

That "load axis" setting only changes the fuel table axis it doe not affect the MAP multiplier that works in the background.  So there shouldnt be any difference here.

There are 2 most likely factors that could affect the tune:

1. The G3 didnt use the AFR target table as an openloop multiplier, the G4X does by default.  The equivilent in G4X would be to set Open Loop Lambda Correction to off.
  2.  The injector driver design is quite different between these two ecus, the deadtimes will likely be quite different.  

Thanks for the quick reply. I dont have open loop lambda activated, so I dont think it's that. According to the correction the closed loop wants to make around idle (around 30%) fuel reduction. Do you think the dead times could be off that much? That seems like alot.

My other thought was that the default calibration I'm using for the wideband (innovate lc1) could be incorrect. And it's the reading that is wrong?  Was thinking if putting in a custom table for this, your thoughts appreciated.

On a side note. I read a post from another member talking about how he went from a g4 map to the g3 after his g4 was stolen. (Post around 2019) He said he had to increase fuel by 20% using the g3. Do you think this could be the same issue? The reply was that that didnt seem right, and it should work out similar fueling wise?

The Lc1 doesn't have a gauge right? What does the innovate software reports for lambda values when your ECU says it's 30% too rich? 

If the values doesn't match then yeah that may be a calibration issue. 

I use a innovate lm2 when a wideband is not always required and programmed the analog output to match the aem X series gauge and simply use the X series calibration in the ECU. 

So there are 2 ways to go

Thanks for the reply. 

Yes, the lc1 has a gauge. It has two outputs that are configurable. I have them both setup 0-5v (7.35- 22.5 AFR), as that is what the gauge and pc link are after.

Running the g3 had the car idling around 13.8 Afr, now it is at high 10s low 11.

Could the minimum effective pulsewidth setting cause problems like this( At low loads) I had it set around 1ms. But I fear this is too high. 430cc Supra (black) injectors on a 4agte.

Any other fueling settings to try?

Thank you for your input.