V5/6 WRX Plugin - Idle issues - Log attached

urabus

Hi all,

I have a Version 6 STI here in Australia. Running a 2.3ltr EJ on the Plugin Vipec ECU (V44 Topboard)

I have always had idle issues but they are much worse since the new motor has been installed. Tuner doesnt seem to think there is much of an issue \ finds it hard to get the time to explore the problem.

Ive uploaded a log file 18MB here to my paid Office365 OneDrive: https://rowlittcom-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/j_rowlitt_com/EgoQKxvBVqNIl89wmf82v4oBxxaSdM8ZNbnko5abJgYewQ?e=dgHEef

Attached is a ZIP containing the above log.

Main issue:

Drive around and come to a stop (or clutch in and roll) and the RPM wont drop below 1500-1600RPM at idle.

Car is fully warmed up - Normal idle is approx 900rpm - 

I found by switching the Air Conditioner ON and then OFF it will "reset" the idle and it will drop to 900RPM and not rise back up.

If you then drive off it will again idle at 1500-1600RPM. Or even if you free rev it to past 1500RPM it will not drop back to normal idle.

Please if someone can look at my log file and tune file and see perhaps if there is something we are missing.

Much appreciated!

ICSPRAY-Change.pcl

Log 16-11-20 3;20;09 pm.zip

3 hours ago, paulr33 said:

Where in AU are you? My evo 8 is similar and I found on my setup the idle RPM lockout is what causes this. I’ll see what my tune looks like tonight and post up 

Im in South Aus. 

Thanks for the help. 

I cant find RPM lockout on my settings... and now notice that my idle is set to 'Open Loop' which cuts a heap of settings out. Checking the standard V5-6 base map shows its set to 'Closed Loop'. I might try imitate the base map into my current file and see if i can check the RPM lockout setting you suggest.

It is mostly idle ignition control related.  It is not kicking in due to the RPM lockout, but that is because you have 20deg in the same area of your main ignition table and the idle ignition table is set up a bit weird.   

Attached below a couple of changes to try.  The open loop map, I have just fixed the idle ignition table, main ign table around the idle area and adjusted the lockout.  The closed loop file I have done the above and enabled closed loop stepper control.

Closed loop.pcl Open loop.pcl

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

It is mostly idle ignition control related.  It is not kicking in due to the RPM lockout, but that is because you have 20deg in the same area of your main ignition table and the idle ignition table is set up a bit weird.   

Attached below a couple of changes to try.  The open loop map, I have just fixed the idle ignition table, main ign table around the idle area and adjusted the lockout.  The closed loop file I have done the above and enabled closed loop stepper control.

Closed loop.pcl 39.62 kB · 0 downloads Open loop.pcl 39.62 kB · 0 downloads

Wow! Thank you so much. Ill load them in now and give them a try. Fantastic help by the way. Ive playing around with this myself for ages but also ive had 3 tuners here in SA have a go at it and no one can work it out. Thanks, ill report back. 

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

Closed loop.pcl 39.62 kB · 0 downloads Open loop.pcl 39.62 kB · 0 downloads

Absolutely fantastic work. Thank you very much for the support.

Im using the OPEN loop map and its perfect. Beautiful lumpy idle from the 272 cams but smooth and consistent. Doesnt nearly die when you blip throttle and doesnt rev hang whilst driving.

Again, thanks very much! :)

Others, if you want the setup of my car (which suits the above map) let me know and i can post more details if needed.