Variable launch control

B-Shine

First, connect your launch pot to an analog input, set its function to GP input.  Assign a cal table with output units none, and set it up so it converts the voltage of each position into a "position number".  Example below I have a 5 position switch that outputs a range of 0.5-2.5V.  So when the switch is in the first position, Analog 3 will read "1", when the switch is in the 3rd position AN3 will display "3".   

RC5Lfmh.png

Then for the launch, set launch mode to 3D.  Put AN 3 on one axis of your launch table and the same 1-5 position numbers.  If you dont want a 3D table you can just set the 2nd axis to none.  In some forms of racing it is common to put non-driven wheel speed or a timer on the 2nd axis to ramp power in smoothly as the car gets moving.  

image.png.13444637dc0191af1f6df63e4d55a711.png

Not necessarily.  But, in G4+, if you leave it "Always on" then CLL and knock control will be always disabled.  So it is generally better to have either a switch or you can use a virtual aux so that it is automatically enabled for instance whenever speed is below 80kmh.

You would set it up as a custom sensor in the dash so that the voltage gets converted to a "position number", then send that channel out using the CAN output function in RS3.  At the ECU end you receive it as a CAN AN Volt channel.  So launch switch position 1 is received as "1.0V", launch pos 2 is received as "2.0V", etc.  Then put the CAN AN Volt on the axis of your launch table.  

Attach your dash and ecu config and I will set it up.

Ok, try these.  When you import the dash config into RS3, it will ask something like "there are custom sensors in this configuration, do you want import them into your sensor database", select yes.  

In the dash config I have set up the launch knob on ADC channel 1.  You will need to calibrate the "custom sensor" with your real switch position voltages.  For this example I have done 6 positions with a voltage range of 0.5-3.5V.

In the ecu config I have set up the CAN receive and set up an example launch control table with the 6 knob positions spanning 3000-5500RPM.  Launch is set to always on so you will need to change this.

Scirocco_MK3-BvS CAN Launch knob.pclr MXS B-Shine Scirocco MK3 Launch.zconfig