Boost control closed loop

Paschalis

Hi all

Attached my tun file and 4 log files

Tried after lots of reading and downloading lots of logs and tun files from others to set a good start point, I think I've made it, can you please check

My only issue now is that if I increase only 5% the wastegate dc, it overshoots at 1.7-1.8 although with 55% it goes at 1.3-1.4 steadily.

Also in general, the point is to "fabricate" as higher boost as possible with the help of the stages at lower rpm and to lower the dc at higher rpm, so decrease the boost at higher gears?? My next step will be to set boost by gears this is why I m asking...what's the ideal scenario? It's a street car if it matters, little street racing.

Till now I was working with a Greddy profec and my idea was having 1.2 bar boost till 3rd gear and then with the wireless button of it switch to high boost at 1.6-1.7 bar during driving, wrong or right? But I guess link boost control will help with making boost at a lower rpm. I don't know if I will make a dual table setup with a digital but I'll see how it works having all the boost available all time:)

Thanks a lot

g4pcopnewdead-boostlinkforum.pclr Log 2020-11-18 2;21;34 pm1stboost.llg Log 2020-11-18 2;21;34 pm2ndboost.llg Log 2020-11-18 2;21;34 pm3rdboostover.llg Log 2020-11-18 2;21;34 pm4thboost.llg

You dont have MAP logged so it is a bit hard to tell how well it is controlling.  Go to your logging setup and click the "Add all" button so that everything is logged.

The Wastegate DC table doesnt appear to be well tuned as the closed loop is pulling 15% DC out all high RPM trying to fix it.

There is a set up and tuning guide in the help file, you should start by following that process:  G4+ ECU Tuning Functions > Boost Control > Closed Loop Boost Control > Closed Loop Boost Setup Guide

46 minutes ago, Adamw said:

You dont have MAP logged so it is a bit hard to tell how well it is controlling.  Go to your logging setup and click the "Add all" button so that everything is logged.

The Wastegate DC table doesnt appear to be well tuned as the closed loop is pulling 15% DC out all high RPM trying to fix it.

There is a set up and tuning guide in the help file, you should start by following that process:  G4+ ECU Tuning Functions > Boost Control > Closed Loop Boost Control > Closed Loop Boost Setup Guide

I ll get into this guide right away.

Whole idea is to make wastegate DC% (as setting the idle control procedure) to be as close needed to reach the boost target so as to need as little corrections as possible so as to have the same boost from low to high rpm? And after this is successful, to have it balanced between gears, lower boost for 1st and 2nd (for better traction) and high boost for 3rd,4th and 5th and lower again for 6th?

Yes, for Closed Loop boost control to work properly, you need to first set up Open Loop boost control as close to perfect as you can. It uses the settings you perfect in Open Loop as a baseline of where to start when you're in Closed Loop - the better this baseline is, the better your Closed Loop can respond, and it will be making minor adjustments, not massive ones.

The Help File really is VERY good at explaining almost every aspect of the ECU, and how it applies, if you've not done so already, you should be using it as your bedtime reading! :D

47 minutes ago, Confused said:

Yes, for Closed Loop boost control to work properly, you need to first set up Open Loop boost control as close to perfect as you can. It uses the settings you perfect in Open Loop as a baseline of where to start when you're in Closed Loop - the better this baseline is, the better your Closed Loop can respond, and it will be making minor adjustments, not massive ones.

The Help File really is VERY good at explaining almost every aspect of the ECU, and how it applies, if you've not done so already, you should be using it as your bedtime reading! :D

I ll get into it...lots of lots of reading lately:) I still dont understand if I m in the right direction, do I set it to have steady boost everywhere firstly open loop, then closed loop (I mean the max boost) and then when have it perfect I ll just cut down in low gears via boost by gear?

10 minutes ago, Paschalis said:

I still dont understand if I m in the right direction, do I set it to have steady boost everywhere firstly open loop, then closed loop (I mean the max boost) and then when have it perfect I ll just cut down in low gears via boost by gear?

Did you read that page in the help file I suggested yet?  Because it explains there in step 17-25 exactly what you are asking.