G4X Xtreme JZX100 AC request not working

BuckinghamIO

Im starting to finalise all the wiring ready for my second mapping day and I still can't seem to get AC request DI input working correctly.

We had the same issue even on the older Kurofune. I've taken the settings from the JZX100 default map for G4X which confirms:

DI 1 (My AC request) goes LOW

AUX 4 (AC Clutch) goes LOW 

I have these settings saved and applied however this makes my AC request input stay active all the time regardless of whether my AC button is pressed or not.

I've confirm the correct pin is being used and I've attached picture below along with a picture of my settings.

If the pull up off the DI is constantly active with the pull up off its not active but I also can't make it activate with the button still

UPDATE: I've been made aware that maybe we need to supply THWO data for the A/C to work properly? is it possible to do this with a wire in ecu or does the JZX100 plugin have a specific hardware change to accomodate?

126160955_2700775836849277_2530580700490862560_n.png

126517321_360671085231077_7399422681027567892_n.png

I can see that on the plugin JZX ecu CAN 2 is used to send data to THW pin so I'm guessing that is what I need to do but I'm unsure how wiring wise...

Which side of CAN 2 H/L goes to the pin and where would I connect the remaining side?

1 minute ago, essb00 said:

Turn on the DI 1 Pull-up resistor

That does nothing, there is more at play here it seems, the JZX100 plugin in ecu confirms this:

QUOTE from plugin ecu:

CAN 2 on the JZX100 is used to transmit the ECT value to the temperature gauge in the vehicles dash and this value is also used by the AC system. When first receiving your G4X JZX100 ECU the CAN 2 will be set up already but should something change and you need to restore the CAN 2 setup to original, complete the following steps:

Hang on, what are you doing?  The THW pin is the multiplex coms.  You will fry the controller sending 12V in there.  Does the coolant temp gauge on your dash work?  If it does then the multiplex is working and the AC unit should need nothing else.

Are you using the JZX plugin?

24 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Hang on, what are you doing?  The THW pin is the multiplex coms.  You will fry the controller sending 12V in there.  Does the coolant temp gauge on your dash work?  If it does then the multiplex is working and the AC unit should need nothing else.

Are you using the JZX plugin?

My coolant temp gauge has always worked no issues ever, but my AC has never turned on until today when testing.

I'm using a G4X Xtreme but I also had the same issue with the Kurofune.

After some research I can see the JZX plugin ecu sends a low frequency signal to that THW pin which I've confirmed with David via email support earlier today. 

Since the G4X can do 1hz it was suggested I try to emulate what the JZX plug-in ecu does via a PWM output, which seems to work via test mode and now my button actually activates the DI where as before it never did.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/24/2020 at 6:26 AM, BuckinghamIO said:

My coolant temp gauge has always worked no issues ever, but my AC has never turned on until today when testing.

I'm using a G4X Xtreme but I also had the same issue with the Kurofune.

After some research I can see the JZX plugin ecu sends a low frequency signal to that THW pin which I've confirmed with David via email support earlier today. 

Since the G4X can do 1hz it was suggested I try to emulate what the JZX plug-in ecu does via a PWM output, which seems to work via test mode and now my button actually activates the DI where as before it never did.

I've got a JZX100 in at the moment, having a FuryX installed, having to remanufacture a new loom from the previous ecu install.

what was done with the PWM output to emulate the THW signal? as I'll be facing this issue as well shortly.

On 11/24/2020 at 6:07 AM, Adamw said:

Does the coolant temp gauge on your dash work?  If it does then the multiplex is working and the AC unit should need nothing else.

There is a second single-wire temp sender for the dash next to the two-wire temp sensor. unless its anything like a TB48 Patrol where it's there but unused.