2013 Sti G4X install - how to?

Rozsko

Tried to ask this question in the G4+ section in an older thread, but no answer for a couple of days, so thought to give it its own topic.

Do you guys have any suggestion how wire up a G4X to piggy back the OE ECU?

Any suggestions, link to documents, etc.. is appreciated.

Thanks

Its not an easy one to answer and not usually something I wouldnt suggest, it can become quite a challange to make everything work happily.  If you only do fuel and ignition it wont be so bad but there will still be a couple of issues to overcome such as a CE light since CLL wont be doing what the OEM ecu expects.  sometimes there are reflashing options to disable some of these faults.

The more control you take, the more difficult it becomes.  You really want the Link controlling E-throttle since idle control etc wont work well when the factory ecu doesnt have control of ignition.  But then taking control of E-throttle can be a big head ache with all the safety systems often not able to be disabled. 

4 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Its not an easy one to answer and not usually something I would suggest, it can become quite a challange to make everything work happily.  If you only do fuel and ignition it wont be so bad but there will still be a couple of issues to overcome such as a CE light since CLL wont be doing what the OEM ecu expects.  sometimes there are reflashing options to disable so of these faults.

The more control you take, the more difficult it becomes.  You really want the Link controlling E-throttle since idle control etc wont work well when the factory ecu doesnt have control of ignition.  But then taking control of E-throttle can be a big head ache with all the safety systems often not able to be disabled. 

Thanks Adam.

So then the only thing I can do is wait and see how you guys are progressing and hope that you will be ready on time (for me) with the Subaru CAN support. Otherwise I will need to look elsewhere, which I would really hate for multiple reasons.