USB Code 10 issue - upgrading from Fury G4+ to brand new Fury G4X

Dean

I've tried to search everywhere sorry.

- Have uninstalled the G4+ software.

- Installed G4X software and restarted multiple times, including uninstalling and reinstalling drivers.

- It recognises the G4X USB connection in device manager with the yellow triangle (code 10).

- Com cable is plugged into the one with the orange ring, and I have a AIM dash connected via the CAN wired outputs on the loom.

- Everything worked normally on the G4+

Any help would be appreciated!

This is an error that I havent come across before.  Are you using the latest PC Link V6.19.65?  Is it windows 10?

Do you have an entry in both the com port section and the Universal serial bus section like my pic below?  Which one is showing the error?

AeEQDHs.png

Yes, 6.19.65

There are no Ports visable unless I select "Show Hidden Devices"

I'm using a VirtualBox Windows10 on a Macbook. It's worked perfectly with the G4+ over the past 3 years.

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 7.30.13 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 7.31.29 pm.png

I've just uninstalled the Link USB COM3 under ports incase it was trying to look for the old ecu.

Then unistalled the USB driver and reinstalled. Cycled power. 

Still no luck.

Ok, sorry I cant help with a Mac, I have never touched one so dont have any experience to offer.  G4+ used an old silicon labs VCP where as G4X uses a FTDI chip that does both VCP and a direct native USB, so the fact G4+ worked with a similar setup is not really relevant.  I have however seen some other users claim that G4X can work with a mac but I have no idea what emulator system they are using.  You may have to experiment with various different VM systems before you find one that works.  

The error you have suggests the VM is not passing the USB commands through to the real ports correctly.   

Edit: Yesterday on the facebook group "Link ECU Tuning and Tips" there is some discussion about this subject.  Some claim it works, others claim it only works on older macs and not the latest.  Parallels and VMware fusion are the two options that are mentioned.