R53 miniX

John_r53

I’ve been getting a little advice from others on installing a miniX and can lambda in my r53 to get started.   From what I’m understanding I only need put a 120 ohm with min of 1/4 watt at the deutsch 4 way plug between the #3 and 4 pin.  The two can wires need to be twisted.  Is this hand twisted or do I need to buy twisted pair?   The deutsch plug will be located fairly close to the ECU, should I make the can run longer than needed for future add ons or tackle that when the time comes?  

hand twisted is fine, and if you already know your going to add a device then I would split the wires apart now and run wires to wherever the next device will be. keep in mind whenever you install the next device if it becomes the furthest device on the CAN bus you will need to move the resistor to the new device and remove it from the CAN Lambda

15 hours ago, Electredge said:

keep in mind whenever you install the next device if it becomes the furthest device on the CAN bus you will need to move the resistor to the new device and remove it from the CAN Lambda

Or just put the resistor at the furtherest end right from the start.  The only thing that is required is a resistor at the far end of the bus, there is no need for it to be close to a device.  

xVdPiJW.png