2JZGTE VVTi Trigger Settings

SPP

Set up will be the same as normal - with just the trigger types changed to hall.  Use 1JZ VVti trigger mode and VVT mode.  Set both trig 1 & 2 to hall, falling edge, pull-ups on.  Ill put a pic below.  

I just googled that kit - man what a load of marketing crap they have on their page.  The stock VR sensors are better in almost every way.  If you havent already changed the wiring I would suggest you keep the stock sensors.  If not then dont be too concerned, not really a down grade - but certainly not an upgrade either...

I suspect the real reason they make that kit is because Haltech ecu's dont have a triggerscope so they have trouble diagnosing VR sensors wired incorrect polarity, and their VR conditioner is a bit flakey at low voltages too, again hard to diagnose with no scope. 

Just because these types of vague uneducated marketing claims annoy me, im going to do a little rant and add some counter argument:

The benefits of using Hall Effect Sensors over VR (Magnetic) sensors is a long list:
Resistance to Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI)   
A VR sensor voltage output rises with RPM, this means at higher RPM where noise immunity is more important, is has far higher signal to noise ratio than a hall sensor.

Very little or no filtering required  Why?  if you have the same operating conditions/environment then both hall and VR are going to need the same filtering.  In some cases a VR probably needs less due to better SNR.

No minimum engine speed to produce a minimum trigger voltage. Important with a slow cranking motor especially with low battery voltage  This is the only one that is slightly true, Although all factory VR sensors I have seen put out acceptable voltage from about 50RPM.  Not many engines will start when turning that slow regardless of sensor.

Triggers precisely on trigger edge and not on trigger voltage threshold position in VR's waveform (which can vary with motor speed)  Incorrect, VR's trigger at the zero crossing which is always exactly in the center of the tooth regardless of speed.  Hall sensors have what is called a rise and fall time, so they dont trigger "precisely on the edge", they trigger a fixed time delay after the edge - which means the delay angle varies with RPM.  

Easy Cam and Crank Syncing  Huh?  The sensors are reading the same pattern and feeding it to the ECU.  There is no difference to the signal the micro processor will receive.  

Precise Ignition Timing  There is very little in it either way, but most would say a VR is more accurate due to no rise/fall time delay.  

No Ignition Timing Float  Again same as above.  A hall will exhibit more drift with RPM due to rise/fall time - although barely detectable either way. 

Immune to Target Runout  Maybe a valid comment for a DIY triggerwheel that somebody has mounted by eye, but have you ever seem a factory crank trigger wheel runout?

Rotational Alignment to target is not critical  Not sure what this means?  Isnt the kit is meant to fit in the factory holes? 

High Speed Operation (up to 15khz)  How is this an advantage? A VR sensor is unlimited.

On top of all that a VR sensor has no electronics inside, so it is more reliable and not sensitive to heat or vibration.

aDh2X4E.png