Fuel pump question

SkyEyes

If the Link can be wired into the car to provide all the necessary connections to act like the original ECU, is there a requirement for the Link itself to directly control the fuel pump? Trying to figure out my options in creating the harness but couldn't find a definite answer in the manual.

Thanks!

45 minutes ago, dx4picco said:

Most of the time the ECU will control a relay that feeds the fuel pump. 

You will get +12V going to the relay and then the relay to a aux output that will provide a ground a the right time. 

You can also control your pump with a pwm signal depending on the model

That's actually exactly what I was looking at as an option. I can supply the same earth signal that the original ECU did to the same pin in the existing car harness that I have to interface with anyways. It would reduce the amount of extra wiring I had to do, and also utilize existing fused relay circuits. I just didn't know if the link would look for a fuel pump, and not function properly if it didn't see something specifically assigned as that.

It is possible to run the ecu and engine without the ecu having any control of the pump.  You do lose the option to prime and control when the pump is on obviously.  At the most basic level, the ecu will do things if it sees trigger signal inputs that the engine is turning and that matches up with the trigger input settings in the ecu.  It does not necessarily require more than that to operate injectors and ignition components.